Chapter 5 - Squally ball.

When he looked down he could see a bundle of different animals and people making their way up in completely different ways, it was a peculiar sight to say the least: Hollie was flying upwards with a jet of water behind her, Cameron was using some sort of flying shoes which Jay recognized from a brand logo, a big black dog was hurtling up the sides of the hill, Lochlan was creating vines that carried him upwards in a Spiderman sort of fashion, Liam was using his throw-an-arrow then appear-where-it-landed technique to scale the hill, Philippa was disappearing and reappearing from patches of grass, an owl was gliding behind the eagle Jay was riding, a gigantic lion was scurrying along the path at great speed, a brown deer was galloping alongside the black dog and a dove was fluttering very slowly in the air.

Then all of a sudden they went out of sight, and directly below Jay was a big slab of flat land which was getting closer and closer and closer.

“Aaah,” Jay screamed as he veered closer to the ground. Then, with a stumble, his feet touched and he fell flat on his face. He raised his head to see the eagle he was riding just a few minutes ago, swoop down beside him and then turn back into a human.

“Are you alright? I’m sorry about dropping you,” Jordan said, hurrying towards him.

Jay’s face stung as he raised it from the dry rocky ground, the fingers of grass tickling his cheeks.

The view from the hill was quite small. Even though it looked like a clear day, above the edge of the forest was mist and murk, maybe some sort of magical barrier.

“I’m, eh, fine.” Jay sunk his face back into the grass and then jumped out of his skin when Philippa appeared out of it beside him.

“Ooh, sorry.”

Then the owl swept over them, and in midair turned back into Amy, who landed on her two feet next to them. After she had landed the others started to appear. Hollie was first, who landed with a splash, and then Cameron with his flying shoes. Soon after they arrived, Lochlan swung in off a vine, closely followed by Liam and his arrows, the massive lion, the black dog and the brown deer. The animals turned out to be Alice, Broudie and Bobby. Then after a very long time Claire joined the group on the hill disguised as a fluttering dove.

“Now we’re all here we can get started. Right Amy?” Philippa shouted.

“As long as you’ve bought the box, Bobby?”

“Yep, it’s right here.” she pulled out a small brown box with patterned gold and silver markings that moved around the edges like snakes slithering in mud.

“Great, now place it on the floor over there.” Amy pointed out a large rock protruding from the ground a few metres away from them. “Everyone needs to stand around the box and then repeat after me…Misgardio.

“What?” Jay blurted out, his face screwed up in a confused expression.

Misgardio, it’s really easy,” Liam repeated as if it was easy-as-pie.

Then Amy began the countdown, “Ready? Three, two, one…”

“MISGARDIO!” everyone screamed at the top of their voice, all their eyes focussed on one thing, the box.

Jay chorused with them, but his came out a bit more like: ‘Mus-tard-ee-oh?’

The brown printings on the box began swimming around more fiercely, and then there was a click and the patterns froze in position.