Chapter 38 - Olympus calls.

“Well I’ll start off with the journey there…” Hollie recalled the whole quest from the start where Jay was dipped in the sea, to when they tumbled to their death at the entrance to the temple. Most of them laughed at the bit where Broudie was hit by an ear and most of them had their mouths wide open when she told them about when Jay incinerated a dracaenae and when Claire sliced the amphisbaena in half.

She pulled out the ball from her pocket and showed it when she told them how Broudie had been knocked out and how Claire had made a conscious potion to help.

When she got to the bit where they entered the temple she paused for a breath.

“Gods what was it like in the temple?” Amy questioned.

“Eh, does anybody else want to do this bit?” Hollie looked around, “Talking is quite tiring.”

“I’ll do it,” Jay volunteered.

“Go on then.”

Then Jay told them about the temple. The strange flower, the sirens and the riddle, the Cyclops, the moving doors, the hexagonal chamber, the cloud land, the icy room, the lava pit and then finally the palace and the fountain.

“Yeah and then we ignored Hecate thinking she was going to take us off our track. We didn’t know who she was then though. So we ran along when Mormo took us back to Hecate and she introduced herself. Then we had to work out the last bit,” Jay said.

“Well where’s the jewel?” Bobby questioned.

“Here,” Jordan nodded his head towards Hecate, who was smiling mischievously.

“Here?” Lochlan pondered.

“It all makes sense,” Amy blurted.

“Nothing makes sense,” Cameron debated.

“Hecate’s the jewel of Barthimia,” Amy revealed.

Then Jordan, with the help of Hecate, had to explain why the goddess was there, why she was the jewel, and everything else they’d been told on their journey back home.

“So that’s why the monsters were after you, because they thought you would remove their curse,” Philippa summed up.

“And the gods didn’t trust you much, so when you swore on the river they were really pleased,” Liam finished.

“Yes,” Hecate agreed.

“Wow,” Bobby said as the dragon blew some fire at the red ball, which disintegrated immediately.