Chapter 17 - The sisssters.

Jay turned and started to sprint towards the shop.

“Toilets, we can lose them, and don’t let them see your face,” Hollie instructed, catching up with Jay and the others.

“Over there.” Broudie pointed out the picture of a man, a woman, and a disabled person, all above three doors that were hidden behind some rows of perfume.

“Allí están,” shouted one of the security guards entering the shop.

“Quick, if we can’t get away from two mortal policeman then how are we supposed to run from mythical creatures, c’mon.” Hollie led the way into the disabled bathroom. They all crammed in and Jordan bolted the door.

“Ok, we need to hide,” Claire stated, frantically searching the toilet.

“How about we get up there, invisibility quick.” Jordan raised his hand, and everyone else touched it quickly.

Polacify,” he urged. Their veins shone white and then the light disappeared.

“Ok, but what happens if they bump into us when they get in?” Broudie questioned.

Votaldea.” Hollie levitated off the ground and then floated towards the top. “If you concentrate you can stay firm in the air. I would show you what you can do once you’ve perfected this spell, except this doesn’t seem to be the time. Unlock the door.” Hollie lifted her legs up, just in case they touched the policemen’s heads, and then repeated the spell for them to copy, Broudie unbolting the door.

Votaldea,” they spoke in unison. And then, just like Hollie, they started to rise off the ground. Jay held out his arms for balance as he floated upwards.

“Now concentrate on staying balanced and up high, oh and try not to talk or dribble.”

Jay wobbled around and tried to tuck his legs into his stomach, but he kept rolling onto his back in midair. It was like trying to run through invisible marmalade, and the Gods looking down on them would’ve been laughing with a face full of popcorn.

It was a sight to be seen. Except, the idea was they couldn’t be seen.

He looked up and saw Hollie, Jordan and Broudie balancing freely at the ceiling. He looked across and there was Claire, struggling just like he was.

“C’mon guys quick, Jordan you get Jay, I’ll get Claire.” Hollie flew past him and retrieved Claire, then Jordan grasped Jay’s shirt and pulled him up to the top.