~Chapter Twenty-Eight~

"Hello?" I answered the phone groggily. It was nearly ten in the morning, and I had awoken to a ringing phone.

"Indiana?" It was Mrs. Cole. "Your, um, mother had me call. You and Blane disappeared...we were just, uh, wondering-"

"We went out last night," I cut her off. My hand ran through my hair. Blane sat up a bit in bed beside me, his arm still draped over my waist. "Everything's fine, we just slept at the hotel in L.A.,"

"Oh, alright," she said, sounding nervous. "Your mother told me to ask you to be home by dinner," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, we will," It was, in fact, Thanksgiving. We wouldn't ditch that. "We'll see you later,"

"Okay, and is Blane okay?"

I sighed, glancing at him. "He's fine,"

Blane's eyebrows rose. I shook my head.

"Thank you, Indiana," And the line went dead. With a huff, I fell back into bed.

"Happy Thanksgiving," I whispered. Blane laughed.

Almost immediately, Blane's phone began to ring. Again he laughed as I groaned.

"What's up," he answered. "Hey, Vin. She's okay...laying in bed beside me,"

I heard his muffled voice rising through the phone. Blane shook his head.

"Yes, Vinny, we made up," Blane said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, I know, everything's okay. Sure, tell the guys, I don't care. Listen, I'll call you later, now's not a good time."

The weight in the bed shifted as he leaned over and set his phone down on the bedside table.

"Perks of having CEO for a dad," I said, quietly, as I looked through the windows. The city looked beautiful. "What did Vinny want?"

"Asked about you," he said. "They've been worried,"

I hummed. "I shut everyone out,"

"Understandable,"

There was a pause. "I still can't believe she's gone,"

Instead of speaking, he just rubbed circles in my hipbone with his thumb to calm me. It worked. We didn't say anything for a while. Personally, I was just enjoying the moment, finally being somewhat happy. But it had to come to an end.

"We have to go home at some point," he said, sitting up a bit. I huffed.

"They've given me nothing but shit this entire vacation," I said. "I wouldn't even call it that, all I've done is deal with my mother,"

"I know the feeling," he said. I humorlessly chuckled.

"She's just so negative and cruel,"

"Just ignore her, this trip will be over soon and they'll just jet off to somewhere else," he said. "Where even is she when she leaves?"

"Paris, London, New York," I said. "Milan, too; just modeling hot spots,"

He nodded, sitting up a bit. "I would say let's get food somewhere, but nothing is open on Thanksgiving,"

"Yeah, it's okay, let's just head out," I said, standing up.

Taking one last look at the beautiful skyline, I slipped my shoes on and followed Blane into the elevator. A sigh left my lungs as the door closed.