~Chapter Nine~

I stared into the mirror, surveying my outfit. I attempted to look like I cared what I looked like or what I wore. I had my outfit picked out by Gigi, telling her what my goal was, and made sure to tell her that once she picked it out, there is no way I could disagree. By this point, I had definitely disagreed with the five-inch wedges and sleeve-less top, but she followed my orders, something I was grateful for.

            “Time to pick Blane up, you’ll be late,” Gigi appeared next to me, my keys in hand. With a sigh, I snatched the dangling keys from her grasp and stalked out to the car. “You’ll thank me later!” She hollered right before I slammed my door shut. I rolled my eyes, but quickly put on a happy face so I could complete my goal.

            “Good morning,” My cheery voice greeted Blane when he got in the car. He glanced at me, a bewildered look on his face. I laughed effortlessly as he buckled his seatbelt. “Good to see you, too,”

            “Why the hell are you so happy,” He muttered. I shrugged as I slipped my RayBan’s over my eyes.

            “Can’t you just be happy?” My wistful tone caused him to roll his eyes. “Well, apparently not, or it’ll ruin your image, right?”

            He grunted in response, obviously not happy with me. “What are you getting at, Indiana?”

            “Nothing, just the fact that you have a serious problem with happiness,” I shrugged.

            “I don’t have a problem with happiness!” He retorted, his arms crossing over his chest.

            “Then prove it,” I simply stated, a sly smirk making it’s way onto my features.

            “Fine, I will, after school I’ll prove to you that I can have fun,” He smirked, triumphantly. “Or we could just go after lunch…”

            “No, we aren’t skipping school again,” My head shook vigorously. No way in hell that I’d be skipping again, especially with him.

            “You said it yourself, Indie, you need to let go,” It was his turn to smirk and act wise. I was cornered, if I said no I’d be a hypocrite, if I said yes he’d win. If I go with him, then I’d get my goal. I said I’d get him to let go, this is my chance to try.

            What are you saying?! You can’t skip school with him! That’s an awful idea! But then again…

            “Fine!” I huffed, pulling into the parking lot at school. He grinned like a winner, which he obviously was. I pulled into a parking space and quickly exited the car, stomping off to where Gabrielle sat. I began to look around when I didn’t see her, but finally figured she’d be late. I plopped down and leaned back, smiling to myself. That is, until a minion appeared at my feet.

            “You’re Indiana Leighman, right?” Her annoyed tone and nasally voice gave it away that she was a “friend” of Jenna’s. I nodded my head, slowly incase she couldn’t understand. “Jenna wants to talk to you today. Lunch at our table, you better be there.” I laughed at the attempt at a threat.

            “Oh, I’ll be there to kick her ass once more,” I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest. With a ‘hmph’, the girl was off, breaking one of her heels along the way because she was stomping so hard. I laughed at how pitiful she looked, but the bell rang before anything else could be said.

            “What did she want?” Jordan greeted me, nudging into my side. I sighed, laughing along the way.

            “I’ll be meeting Jenna today at lunch,” I nodded to him. He laughed causing his dreads to shake.