~Chapter Eleven~

>Picture of Indiana to the side. Model: Gigi Hadid<

Ten days. That’s how many it was until the ultimately dreaded Malibu trip. Things hadn’t gotten any better; Blane had continued to send me cold stares whilst sad smiles were received from the rest of them. Not a word spoken besides the ‘good morning’ annually when I picked him up.

            Things had gone downhill, my confidence was lost. Since the ‘incident’, I had attended three insult sessions, all of which held by Jenna and aimed towards me, and in those sessions I spoke not one word. I held the same tired, drained, and overall sad face.

            Today was no different as I slipped on an old band t-shirt, some random skinny jeans, and my black Vans. I stared menacingly into the mirror at the mop on top of my head before scurrying out of the room.

            “Breakfast?” Gigi asked as I grabbed my keys from the bowl. I shook my head, not even looking at her, while I stepped into the garage, tapping the ‘unlock’ button as I went. I sped out of the garage and back down the drive way as fast as I could, parking myself in front of Blane’s house to wait. I honked and waited, for only a minute, before he appeared, jogging down the front walkway.

            “Morning,” He mumbled before receiving a nod from me. I didn’t even glance at him as I drove. The car was dead silent, not even the radio was on. Once I parked in my usual spot, I slipped out of the car, slamming the door before Blane had a chance to get out. I sauntered off, clicking ‘lock’ when I heard his door slam. He went off to join his group as I walked aimlessly around the courtyard. Gabrielle had texted me saying she was sick, so I was alone for the day. Oh joy.

            I spotted Kyle out of the corner of my eye, messing around with some of the other football players. He noticed me and sent me a fake smile, only to receive an eye-roll in response. As I was distracted, I happened to bump into somebody. I looked down to see a sparkly pink pair of stilettos, and when I looked up the just happened to be Jenna’s.

            “Watch where you’re going, bitch,” She sneered, narrowing her eyes. I sighed and sidestepped in an attempt to get around her, but she had other plans. She grabbed my arm and gripped it tight, pulling it towards her.

            “Just let me go,” I spoke impatiently. She let out a bark of sarcastic laughter as she shook her head. In one swift movement, her hand was brought back and swung forward, colliding with my cheek. She released my arm as I went to grasp my cheek. Tears stung in my eyes whilst I stepped back, but in refusal to let them spill, I just walked away. But, once again, Jenna grabbed my arm.

            “Say you’re sorry,” She spat, venom lacing her tone.

            “No,” I croaked while not even looking up at her.

            “You little bitch, say-“ She started, but she was interrupted.

            “Leave her the fuck alone,” Jonas’ deep voice was my saving grace. Jenna’s hand immediately dropped at she nodded at her superior. She scurried off as quickly as she could and almost instantly Jonas had his arms around my tiny frame.

            “Thank you,” I cried into his shirt as my arms instinctively snapped around his torso. He nodded, silently, as we hugged, but sadly Blane grabbing his shoulder and yanking him back cut the hug short.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” Blane hissed, staring at Jonas. Jonas pulled his arm back and glared at Blane.

            “Comforting a friend,” Jonas said as if he were stating the obvious. Blane scowled at Jonas, but Jonas didn’t retreat, he only wrapped his arm around my shoulders once more.