~Chapter Two~

“Good morning, dear!” My mother’s cheery voice echoed through my room. Groaning, I rolled over to see her.

            “No,” My voice was barely audible.

            “Oh, come on Indiana! It’s Friday! I tell you what, I’ll take you to Starbucks on the way to school?” She bargained. Okay, that got my attention. I shot up, nodding as I pulled my body away from the bed. “Thank you!” She sing-songed her way out of my room, closing the door behind her. I rolled my eyes as I shuffled into the closet, stopping at the DD collection, or the “Disgusting Designer” collection. My mother would scold me if I wore something I wanted, but who cares? I sauntered towards what I wanted, picking out a pair of black skinny jeans, a red off-the-shoulder t-shirt, and my red Keds, slipping them on effortlessly.

            “Five minutes!” My mother’s voice rung through the halls and into my room. I sighed, scurrying to my bathroom and brushing through the knots in my hair and pulling it into a high ponytail. I scampered off, slinging my bag over my shoulder as I went and joined my mother in the foyer downstairs.

            “Oh, Indiana dear, I figured you could drive and drop me off so you’d have your new car,” She winked. I nodded, my face emotionless before being guided to the driveway. Gigi handed me my keys as I stepped into the garage. I clicked it unlocked, slipping into the driver’s side. The new car smell was strong as I started the car, my mother sitting down in the passenger seat.

            “Where are you going after Starbucks?” I inquired as I backed down the driveway.

            “Hollaway’s,” She referred to one of the agencies she models for. I simply nodded, but never looked away from the road. The drive to Starbucks took a mere five minutes, but I only decided to go through the drive-through ordering myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte and my mother an iced vanilla coffee. I dropped her off shortly after that then drove the ten minute drive to school.

            Many students just looked at me in awe when I stepped out of my car, clicking it locked as I went. A smirk remained on my face the entire time while I walked into the schoolyard, greeting Gabriella once there.

            “Nice ride,” She stated in awe. I nodded, looking over my shoulder to see everybody staring at it.  It was truly a novelty for people, including myself. “Oh, you know Blane starts on Monday!”

            “So?” I shrugged with a chuckle.

            “Maybe he’s single! Have you seen a picture of him? Gorgeous!” She squealed.

            “I’ll let you know, he’ll be at my house tonight,” I shook my head, taking a sip of my latte.

            “What?” She ponders, completely interested.

            “He’s my new neighbor, my dear parents invited them over for dinner,” I scowled. I’m not looking forward to it, my mother will make me wear “DD” clothes; something I despised.            

            “Lucky! You better tell me how it goes! Oh, talk me up, too!” She oozed as the bell rang. I nodded, laughing, as I walked away from her.

            “Good morning, good morning!” My history teacher greeted the students as they walked in the door. “We have our big test today, if you remember! Now, Indiana, you’ll be taking the exam, am I correct?” I nodded in reply.

            “Headmaster Adams told me to report to Mrs. Ziles’ room to take it,” I informed him, gathering my things. He nodded and waved his hand, signaling my dismissal. I hurried to Mrs. Ziles’ room as fast as I could, taking a seat where she told me to.