~Chapter Thirteen~

“Miss. Leighman, care to explain the situation at hand?” Headmaster Cady’s strict voice greeted me as I walked through the door. She pointed to an empty seat beside Blane, which I reluctantly took, before speaking once more. “It seems there’s two separate sides to the story here,”

            “What happened to me was that I was walking back to my lunch table and Kyle stopped me. He wouldn’t let me pass and he taunted and said insults to me. I told him to be quiet and go away, and yes I was rude, I’ll admit that, but he was acting the same way. He said something completely vulgar and uncalled for to me, and it did have to do with Blane, so Blane stood up for himself and his friends, including me. There were a few insults thrown, then Kyle pushed me onto the ground and threw a punch, which Blane caught and he defended himself.” I spoke in a calm voice, looking her in the eye. “The situation could have thoroughly been avoided if it weren’t for Kyle’s immature and uncalled for behavior.” Headmaster Cady was obviously impressed as to how mature I was speaking and explaining. As I craned my neck towards the side, I saw Blane smirking. He knew exactly that I would do something like this; use big words and a serious tone.

            “In that case, Blane, since you defended yourself, you’re off with a warning. Next time resolve this without violence,” She warned with a stern look. He smiled, charmingly, as he stood up. “As for you, Kyle, you harassed two separate students, and this is your third strike of violence with Mr. Cole, therefore you have after school detention for two weeks and you’re kicked off of the football team.” Kyle’s jaw dropped and his eyes bugged out of his head.

            “The team? Headmaster, I’m the best player on there!” He desperately exclaimed. “Please, you can’t do this to them!”

            “I’m sorry, Mr. Miller, but enough is enough.” She snapped, but continued to keep her calm. When I looked up to Blane, I saw that he was smirking in pure victory. “You’re dismissed,” She waved her hand and Kyle and I stood up, Blane already standing. We were all silent as we walked out.

            I began to turn to the right, heading in the direction of my next class, but Blane grabbed my arm. He nudged his head to the side when I looked at him, signaling for me to follow him down the opposite hall. We walked slowly, side-by-side, but I didn’t really think we had a destination.

            “Thank you for that,” He laughed, shaking his head. I returned the gesture with a warm smile. “God, did you see his face?”

            “It looked like a kid who just got told his favorite toy got run over by a truck,” I laughed, looking up to Blane, who stood a good head above me.

            “Oh, for sure,” He grinned. His smile was completely genuine, making me feel really happy. I had no idea why his smile had this effect on me, but I didn’t really care. We continued to walk for a few more moments in silence before Blane spoke up. “We should probably get back to class,”

            “Ugh, I don’t want to,” I groaned, throwing my head back dramatically.

            “Oh, what’s that? The nerd doesn’t want to go to class? Alert the media!” He exclaimed, dramatically. I instantly rolled my eyes.

            “Shut up,” I laughed while pulling my phone out of the designated pocket in my bag.

            “What are you doing?” Blane curiously asked as he attempted to peek at my phone.

            “Getting us out of here,” I muttered, tapping away at my phone. I dialed the house phone number, knowing fully well that Gigi wouldn’t be home at this time. Every Friday she went out to get her nails done at around this time. She had a consecutive appointment each week.