~Chapter Four~

“You’re late,” Blane narrowed his eyes. At the moment, he was leaned up against his bike, arms crossed over his chest, his Rayban sunglasses shading his eyes. “You’re lucky I look hot while I do this,” He hissed and I laughed, humorlessly, at how vain he is.

            “Whatever, let’s just leave,” I sighed before pulling the helmet over my head. I swung my leg over the bike and fastened my arms around his torso. As the engine roared to life, I squeezed my eyes tightly shut. For the week that we’ve been “carpooling”, I have not opened my eyes on this thing once.

            Per usual, he went over the speed limit all the way home before turning into his driveway and cutting the deathtrap off. He easily slid off and began walking to the front door of his house. I rolled my eyes whilst pulling myself off of the motorcycle. ‘What a gentleman he is’ I thought with an internal giggle. I followed him inside the front door to be greeted by Mrs. Cole.

            “Hello, darling!” She cheered. She gave me a warm hug, a grin never leaving her features.

            “Hello to you too, Mom,” Blane grumbled as he stomped towards the stairs. Mrs. Cole only rolled her eyes at her son before leading me into the living room.

            “So, I’ve got your first audition,” A sly smile played upon her lips. My eyes widened with delight. “Tomorrow morning, AudiRange Studios at 8AM?”

            “Of course!” I exclaimed, throwing my arms up and grinning like a fool. I threw my arms around her, enveloping her in a hug. She chuckled and wrapped her arms around me in return.

            “Although, this isn’t an innocent ballet dance, this is grown up dancing. Now I’m not saying twerk for your audition, but don’t be afraid to move your hips and show what you got,” She smirked; a smirk identical to her son’s. I threw my head back and laughed at the fact she knew what twerking was. “Alright, alright, let’s go to the basement and do a mock audition,” I nodded in agreement and followed her to the stairwell. We jogged down some steps to the basement where there was a big open space from where she hadn’t filled it with furniture yet. She nodded to the floor, motioning for me to dance. I strutted to the open floor as she flipped through some CD’s, picking out “The Lumineers” and slipping it into the machine. The first song that played was “Flapper Girl”, one of my all time favorites. A grin appeared on my face. I shrugged out of my jacket and tossed my shoes aside.

            I moved my hips around in a circle as I spun, slowly. I kicked my feet out as I walked to the rhythm, slowly. At the chorus, I spun in a circle and acted as if I was dancing to somebody, a sly smile on my face the whole time. My hips swung from side to side and I spun in circles as I rocked the floor. The song ended soon after that and Mrs. Cole clapped away.

            “Bravo!” She cheered, laughing and clapping at the same time. “You really showed me what you got!” I grinned in return, blushing.

            “Another one?” I suggested as I stretched my leg out.

            “Great idea, but you’ll need more of an audience…” She thought out loud, tapping her chin. Her eyes lit up as if she got an idea and she jogged up the stairs, shouting something. A few moments later, she returned with an annoyed-looking Blane.

            “Why do I have to do this?” He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

            “Because I said so!” His mother snapped, clicking play on the CD. The music began to “Dead Sea”, another great song. I began my movements, a little more self-conscious this time since Blane was watching. This song was something my hips could move to more. The beat was steadier and faster pace. I was more serious than playful as I was in “Flapper Girl”, my eyes remained closed through the whole dance. I even sang a little of the song towards the end. Once it was over, I opened my eyes to a beaming Mrs. Cole and a surprised and awestruck Blane. Once he noticed I was looking at him, his awestruck features turned into a scowl as he got up.