~Chapter Fifteen~

“Wake up,” A flat voice yelled as a pillow smacked my face. I groaned in response at the rude awakening. “Wake up!” Before I knew what was happening, I was lifted up into the air and dropped back down onto the mattress. I screamed and flailed my arms at the sudden action. Once I was dropped down, I sat straight up and brushed the hair out of my face. I looked up to see a laughing Blane, towering over my bed.

            With a scowl, I slid out of bed and into my closet. My eyes scanned over my wardrobe before grabbing a Nirvana t-shirt, some ripped skinny jeans, and my worn out Converse. I changed in the closet before making my way into the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a fully refreshed face staring back at me. It was a nice way to start the day, because every day for the past few months had been restless nights of sleep and dark circles under my eyes.

            I brushed my hair to leave it in it’s own wavy state. When I walked out into my room, I was greeted by Blane sitting on my bed. It had been this way for four or five days now; Blane would wake up, come over here, and wake me up. Then we’d eat breakfast and go to school.

            He’d spent almost all his time over here, avoiding his parents as much as possible. Of course I made him talk to them, but it only made it worse. Mrs. Cole was five months along. For five months his parents hadn’t told Blane about this life-threatening baby. She had called me a few times. We had brief conversations, I told her about Blane’s wellbeing. He was fine, honestly. We had talked about the topic, and become much closer than before, but he was okay.

            He wasn’t okay with the fact that they were having a baby, but he wasn’t emotionally wrecked. I was astonished as to how he was carrying himself with the whole situation.

            His mother had informed me that today was the day they were going to find out the gender of the baby. I met with her yesterday afternoon when Blane went out with the guys. She obviously wasn’t showing much, she couldn’t have hidden it otherwise, but now that I knew, I could see the small, yet growing, bump on her stomach. She was over the moon about the baby, it’s like she didn’t even consider the gruesome outcome that could be soon to come. It sickened me, but I didn’t let it change my opinion of her. It wasn’t my situation to get involved in.

            “Breakfast!” Gigi’s shouted from downstairs. Blane stood up and took long strides out of my room. I followed behind, but nowhere near as quickly as he went. He must’ve been hungry this morning.

            Two plates of French toast awaited our grumbling stomachs when we entered the kitchen. They sat on the counter at the breakfast bar with forks and knives beside them, practically calling our names. I greedily smiled as I took my seat at the barstool. By the time I had begun cutting into the first piece, Blane had already taken a bite of his.

            When we were through, it was about time for school. We handed our plates to Tony to be washed before walking into the front hall.

            “Want me to drive today?” I asked him. He shrugged in response, so I took that as a yes. While I went to pick up my keys from the table beside the garage door as Blane gathered our school bags. Once I waved my hand for him to follow, we both walked out to the garage, situating ourselves into the proper seats.

            “We haven’t talked much this morning,” Blane noted from his seat. I laughed a little while nodding.

            “How are things are your house?” I didn’t want to bring up the topic, but for the situation to be healthy on his part, I had to. He groaned when I did; he was frustrated with my interest in the topic by this point.