chapter 6: soccer

Finally. The weekend. And when it's the weekend that also means alcohol which is my second favorite thing.

But this weekend is the first game of the varsity soccer team and I actually kind of enjoy going to those. Normally I just hang out with friends and occasionally watch the game.

After class on Friday, Sara came over to my room so we could get ready for the game-which didn't involve much. After putting on warmer clothes we sat around until we decided to start walking to the field for the game to start.

"Are you excited to see Hemmings play tonight?" Sara asks.

"Sara!" I whine, falling down on my bed.

"Don't give me that bull crap, Sam, you are so nervous in front of him," she smirks, sitting down next to me.

"I thought I came across chill,"

"Not really," she shrugs her shoulders.

"That's just great,"

"So you like him?"

"Shut up!" I groan.

She just laughs and makes fun of me until we had to leave for the game.

"Please don't say anything when we're around him because I know you would definitely embarrass me," I beg.

"Okay! I won't," she puts her hands up in defense.

"Thank you," I sigh.

"But do you like him?"

"I'm gonna fucking murder you," I mutter so only she could hear.

~*~

I decided to put a Corona inside a Starbucks cup so it kind of looks like a drink from there because I don't think I could last this game with a ton of annoying students without a beer or two.

"I swear you're an alcoholic," Sara shakes her head in disapproval.

"I mean, that wouldn't be such a bad thing,"

We go to the bleachers before the game starts so we just hang out, putting blankets over us because of the colder weather.

The game finally starts. Luke gets the ball first and gets close to scoring it in the goal until the goalie on the other team catches the ball. Me and Sara sigh in defeat, slouching against the back of the bleachers as we continue watching the game.

The game drags on, soon coming to the last quarter and our team is tied with the other.

"This was a waste of time coming here," I sigh.

"Hey there Negative Nancy we-"

"What the fuck are you? 50," I give her a strange look.

"Shut up!" She groans.

As I'm about to speak again, loud cheers erupt the crowd, and before I say anything I look to the score board and our opponent won the game.

I let out an exaggerated groan before following Sara to the field where she meets her boyfriend.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Calum Hood, another soccer player on the schools team, is Sara's boyfriend, sadly.

No, I'm not jealous but he's not the nicest guy-to me at least. But Sara tells me different. If he treats her right that's all that matters.

"Hey, babe," Sara greets Calum, kissing his lips as he moves his hands from his hips to Sara's butt, making me awkwardly turn around to face the other people on the field that are talking with everyone else.

"Thomas!" I hear someone yell before I turn around to be met with Luke.

"What?"

"What are you doing here?" He asks, heavily breathing from the game he just played and running his hair through his sweaty, blonde hair.

"Can't support my school?" I raise my eyebrows.

"You fucking hate school, Sam, you didn't come because of that," he shakes his head.

"I don't know actually," I say in a confused tone. "Didn't have anything else to do so I came here.

"Do you want to come over to the dorm with Sara? She'll probably hang out with Calum there, you can tag along,"

"Okay, when should we come over?" I ask.

"9," he shrugs his shoulders.

"I'll see you later then," I smile before walking over to Sara, pulling her arm away from Calum so she can follow me.

"Sam!" Sara whines. "What are we doing?"

"We're going to Luke's dorm at 9 so we have to get back,"

"Aw look at you!" Sara coos, pinching my cheek.

"Stop!" I whine as we enter our dorm, letting her come to my room to hang out before hand.

"You should talk to Luke about your feelings toward him,"

"You're really funny. 'Should be a comedian," I joke, rolling my eyes at her.

"I try my best," she smiles at me, playing along with my sarcasm.

~*~

After cleaning myself up, me and Sara start walking over to the boys dorm.

Sara told me Luke's dorm number since him and Calum share and that's her boyfriend.

We knock on the door before Luke answers with a beer in his hands and Arctic Monkeys playing in his room.

"Hey guys, you can come in," Luke moves out of the doorway to let us in his room. I walk over to the couch while Sara sits with Calum on his bed.

"When's your guys next game?" Sara asks, laying her head on Calum's shoulder.

"Next Monday," Calum rubs Sara's back as me and Luke just stand in the room awkwardly.

As I'm about to talk, the lights go out.

"Luke turn the lights on!" I groan, throwing my head back in annoyance.

"That wasn't me, Sam, I'm sitting on the damn bed,"

"Guys this isn't funny," I whine, pulling my phone out of my pocket to turn on my flashlight. The boys and Sara all do to and then stand up to look outside the room.

I open the door and the lights in the hallway are off too. There isn't much commotion, but maybe it's because everyone is supposed to be sleeping at this time.

"What the hell is going on?" Luke whispers looking down each hallway.

"Well it is lights out, maybe it automatically does that," Calum says.

"It never does that, bro, I always go out after lights out and the hallway lights are always on," Luke whispers, walking out of the room.

I follow him and eventually Sara and Calum do too.

We make it to the entrance of the boys dorm building and there isn't a guard there.

"What the hell is going on?" I whisper to specifically Luke.

"If I knew we wouldn't really be in this position,"

I just groan before looking up to the hallway and see a body's shadow.

~*~

told u some things are gonna be fucked up and this is just the beginning i promise

sorry for the long wait... school just started and it just passed my mind to write bc of homework and shit but I'm here now

thank you so much for voting and commenting i appreciate every single one.