chapter 16: daisy

Today is homecoming.

Homecoming at boarding schools is a little different than regular schools. We don't get as dressed up and we don't have homecoming football games to announce the queen and king. So instead of a Friday night football game we have the dance on a Friday.

Also, most of the times our parents can come and take photos and visit for a little bit.

My brother is going to visit me today! I haven't seen him in about five months. The last time I saw him was at the spring fling in sophomore year.

My mom doesn't visit me anymore. She did two times out of my almost six years here. My step-dad, who I like way better than my birth father, visits me every once in awhile. I'm surprised we actually bonded, but maybe it was because I never had much of a father sense he was my abuser.

My step-dad had a business trip so he couldn't visit me but he promised he would come and see me as soon as he can, and when the school lets him.

I start to curl my hair when Luke comes into my dorm.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I ask as I twirl the wand around a strand of my hair.

"I just wanted to come see my beautiful girlfriend." He says as he bends down to kiss my blush covered cheek.

"You're not much of a boyfriend since you aren't my homecoming date." I smirk as I let the strand of hair cascade down my shoulder.

"Eager much?"

"I was gonna get you flowers to ask you because I wanted to be somewhat romantic, but I couldn't find 'em so I picked this daisy from outside. Do you want to be my homecoming date, Samantha?"

"Such a romantic gesture, Lucas," I grin, standing up from my chair to press a kiss to his lips. "But I would love to be your date."

"What color is your dress?" He asks once I sit back down.

"Why?"

"I was gonna match my tie to your dress,"

"You own ties?" I raise my eyebrows at him through my mirror.

"I have a few, my dad thought they would be useful while I'm here."

"My dress is blue,"

"Well I'm not gonna be matching you then," he stands up from my futon, walking towards the door. "But I'll see what I can do."

"You will do anything for romance won't you, Hemmings?" I smile at him.

"Only for you, Miss Thomas," he smiles before closing my door behind him when he leaves my room.

I shake my head before continuing to get ready for tonight.

~*~

"Jake!" I yell as I run to my brother who I haven't seen in what feels like forever.

"Woah," Jake gasps as I run into his arms. "How've you been, Sami?"

"Hangin' in there," I smile before hugging him again.

"How is life at home?" I ask.

"Stressful. I have college apps and exams to do but besides that it's going well."

My brother doesn't like to tell me how good life is back home because he feels bad and he knows I can't leave here until I graduate but I know him too well. Life is amazing for him.

"How's the girlfriend?" I ask, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"She's good. Jackson met her and loves her, so that's good."

"I hope she can visit someday with you. I really wanna meet her from all the good things you say,"

"Yeah that would be nice!" He smiles at me.

"Well I'll meet you in the gym, I have to finish getting ready."

"Alright," he kisses the top of my head before we part ways.

As I'm waking back to my dorm, I see an angry Luke coming my way.

"What's wrong Luke?"

"You're gonna have to find another date," he says without stopping to talk to me.

"What are you talking about Luke?"

"Just please stop talking to me. Go have fun with your new boyfriend at homecoming,"

Before I say anything I realize what he's talking about and I start bursting out with hysterics.

"Stop laughing!" He walks closer to me.

"You thought that guy I was just talking to was a student?" I question.

"He's not?" He crinkles his eyebrows.

"He's my brother!" I laugh harder than before as Luke's face goes as red as a tomato.

"Well that's embarrassing." He mumbles, placing his forehead on top of my head.

"I have to go get ready you dork," I kiss his nose before walking off to my dorm.

~*~

yo yo yo!

so the 8tracks playlist didn't work out to well, I'm not sure how to work it.... so i think someone's might make it for me or if that doesn't work out I could try a Spotify playlist ???

idk how that would work but i love music and sharing it with other people so i want to do something

yall should follow me on Twitter (oops self promo idc) candid5s0s (the 'O' is a zero) bc i just tweet random shit and freak out over bands and music but that's cool :)

thanks for reading!!!!