chapter 29: smoke

Luke and Calum walked off and went to their dorm while I went back to mine.

I'm so happy that Luke has someone to be with right now. Calum is his best friend, and you need your best friend with you.

When I get to my dorm, I pull my laptop open to see if any emails are from Sara.

No emails.

So instead of closing my laptop to forget about my problems, I write to Sara.

~*~

After almost an hour of trying to get my words out in this stupid email, I end up balling my eyes out and deleting my writing.

I close my laptop, setting it on the floor before crawling under my covers to sleep. Crying always makes me tired.

I wake up when I feel someone rubbing my shoulder, whispering things that I can't understand. I squint my eyes to reveal Luke. He smiles at me and I smile back before wiping under my eyes so he won't be able to tell I was crying.

"Are you okay? You seem out of it today,"

I nod my head, cuddling more into my bed.

"Are you sure?" He raises his eyebrows.

"I just miss Sara that's all," I mumble as I stretch my arms and legs.

"Did she ever reply to your email?"

"No," I shake my head before sitting up in bed.

"I'm sorry,"

"Nothing to be sorry about, Luke," I say a little too stern.

"I love you, you know that right?"

"What'd you do?" I ask.

"Why does me showing love to my woman mean I did something?" He defends himself.

"Luke," I grin, raising my eyebrows.

"You remind me of my mom," he rolls his eyes. "But I didn't do anything I just wanted to say I love you."

"I love you too," I kiss his lips before pulling back quickly.

I can taste the smoke on his lips.

"Are you sure you have nothing to tell me?" I ask him one more time, hoping he'll tell me the truth before I have to say anything.

"No," he shakes his head before kissing my forehead and jumping off my bed.

"I'm gonna go get some food do you want anything?"

"No I'm fine," I fake a smile.

Luke walks out before I can say anything. Why is he smoking again?

~*~

sorry it's short

hope you all had/have a happy holiday!

thanks for all the support (& don't forget to check out my new calum story, foreign exchange student)

50 votes for next chapter??