chapter 27: first love

"Huh?" I look up at him, not sure if I had heard him correctly.

"I'm not deaf, I heard you the other day," Luke grins at me.

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I don't know. I thought you didn't mean it and it just came out,"

"Well I love you too," I smile, pressing my bright red face in the crook of his neck.

~*~

The next day at school we had an assembly about our behavior. I didn't really listen to any of it, only when the dean was throwing shade to all the stupid kids who don't know shit and always get in fights.

After the assembly we didn't have class anymore which was nice so I went over to Luke's dorm.

"Hey babe," he smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me closer and pecking my lips.

I just smile at him, kissing his cheek.

"So what was so important that you wanted me over immediately?" I ask him.

"I just wanted to cuddle,"

I smile wide at my adorable boyfriend, intertwining our hands together and laying on the bed.

Apparently I ended up falling asleep because when I woke up, I could hear Ashton and Luke talking.

"Calum isn't here anymore. He left."

"What?" Luke replies.

My nosy self wants to keep my eyes shut but my other self wants to leave the room to let them talk.

"I went to go see him and they said that he left this morning," Ashton answers.

"Oh my god," he whispers, sitting up because his hands are on my waist to make me more comfortable. "Can I have some time alone?"

"Yeah bro, see ya later," Ashton shuts the door to Luke's dorm leaving Luke to digest this all.

"Fuck," he mutters, standing up from the bed because there's a dip in the bed before it goes away.

I stir in the bed, making sure he can see I'm awake. I rub my eyes before opening them to see my boyfriend pacing in front of the bed.

"Luke," I croak, squinting my eyes at him.

"Did you hear that?"

"What?"

"Me and Ash were talking,"

"Oh.... yeah I did," I sigh, not feeling guilty anymore since Luke knows. "I'm really sorry babe."

I stand up, wrapping my arms around Luke's waist and hug him tightly, kissing his t-shirt clad chest.

"I miss him," Luke sighs, putting his chin on the top of my head.

"I know you do," I understand because I've been through the same thing.

"I-just- why would he leave without a goodbye? That's not like him," Luke shakes his head, letting go of my to keep pacing the room.

"Maybe Ash meant he left the therapy and not the school,"

"I think he would clarify that,"

I sigh, grabbing both his hands to stop him from overthinking and stressing.

"Stop stressing about it. I'm sure if you email him, he'll answer. We'll figure this out, together," I assure him.

"I love you so much." Luke pulls me into his chest, hugging me tightly again.

~*~

Dear Calum,

Hey I just wanted to send you this because I really miss you. I just wanted to know why you didn't say goodbye. And I wanted to know why you left.
I really hope you didn't tell me because you can't trust me. If that's true, I'm so sorry you have no trust in me.
I hope you're doing okay.

Love you,
Luke.

"Thank you." Luke kisses my cheek after he reads the letter.

He didn't know how to use his words so I offered to help him type an email to Calum.

I send the email to Calum before closing Luke's laptop and pushing it aside.

We sit there, Luke's head on my shoulder with my hand intertwined with his.

"Do you think he left because of Sara? Maybe he left because it's his baby and that's why he was upset," Luke suggests.

I don't answer because I don't know what to say. I just let him rant because he knows I'll listen even if I don't say anything in reply.

I'm really glad we have each other. I don't think I could survive my last years of this school without him. And I'm so glad he transferred history classes or else I probably wouldn't have met my first love.

~*~

im on winter break so hopefully I have more time to write

hey, i started two new stories, one is a calum hood fic called Foreign Exchange Student
and a michael fic called misconception

it would mean a lot if you check em out