chapter 42: truth

"Luke, I don't care you if you don't care but just act like it. I'm gonna talk to you about shit I don't tell anyone. Just nod your head and act like you care because I just need to let it out,"

Luke and I have been laying on the couch in his basement for a few hours now. We watched a new Netflix show and some movies. Both of us got bored of looking at the television so we turned it off.

"I'm not gonna act like I care because I do care!"

"Okay shutup and listen," I sigh.

"Okay so ever since I was maybe six my dad he uh–" And of course I start to cry. "He would like uh he would touch me in a weird way. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to get him in trouble or else I would feel so guilty. Eventually my mom saw and they got a divorce."

"My mom married my now step-dad who is my favorite person in the world–besides you of course. He was so nice to me and he replaced the Dad figure I never really had. Then I turned eight and my mom sent me to boarding school because she was stressed and couldn't handle my depressed self so she sent me away."

"It sucked because I never really had parents that acted like parents. They just threw me to the curb and acted like I was such a nuisance. I don't even know why my mom even cares that I'm back. She probably feels guilty–which is good because she treated me so horribly for no reason at all."

Instead of saying anything–which I didn't want him to anyway–Luke pulled me into his side and just hugged me. He wiped away the tears from under my eyes and played with my hair until I fell asleep.

~*~

im back and school starts in less than two weeks :(((