chapter 19: problems

Detention was extremely boring today. Since Luke was in my previous detentions it was more exciting but it was just me, the librarian and two boys who I didn't know.

After detention, I head to the dining hall for dinner. I wanted to see if I could find Sara and I could ask her why she won't talk to me but that might be a little too much to ask.

I find Luke and Ashton at a table so after I get my food, which was my favorite; spaghetti, mashed potatoes and green beans, I head to the table.

"What's up, Sam?" Ashton greets me when I sit down at the table next to Luke.

"Have you guys heard from Calum or Sara recently?" I ask, opening my water bottle to take a sip from.

"Sara just left actually."

"Where'd she go?"

"She went home, Sam,"

"What?" I barely choke on the water that I was swallowing.

"You never heard?"

"Heard what!"

"Calum got Sara pregnant."

"What?" I whisper to myself.

"Why didn't she tell you? Aren't you two like best friends?" Luke asks.

"She wouldn't talk to me yesterday, maybe that's why."

"Why did they send her home?"

"They can't just have a pregnant student at a boarding school," Ashton says.

"Why didn't she say goodbye?"

"She didn't say goodbye to anyone. Not even Calum, he's been having a rough time dealing with this."

"This is fucking crazy." I mumble, still extremely lost and concerned.

Luke puts his hand on my back, rubbing it in circular motions as I process all of this information I just received.

"Excuse me." I get up from my seat, leaving my food and the two boys at the table while I walk back to my dorm.

Sara is not like that at all. She always talks about how pristine and precise she is about pretty much everything. She can barely handle two shots of liquor how is she supposed to deal with a baby?

I just wish I could've talked to her. Was I that bad of a friend that she couldn't even tell me something?

How am I supposed to handle this place without my best friend? I already hate it enough and now my best friend is gone. This is the worst day of my life.

~*~

The next morning was Friday which means I'm not gated anymore!

After classes, I headed to Luke's dorm because he told me Ashton got him a bottle of vodka and I'm ready to down it like it's my job.

"Hey babe," Luke greets me with a kiss as I enter his room.

"How are you holding up?" He questions as I sit down on his bed.

"I just want some vodka." I state, looking at him with a serious expression.

"Sam," he sighs, sitting next to me. "Alcohol isn't going to fix your problems."

"I disagree,"

"You need to talk about what you're feeling or it's just going to get worse."

"I just don't want her to leave." I sigh, laying my head on his shoulder. "She's my best friend ya know? I mean I know you're my best friend, but it's different, I guess. I don't know what I'm trying to say–"

"I understand. I just don't want you to beat yourself up about this. Just let her and Cal deal with it. Maybe you could write her a letter, asking her how she's holding up."

"But what if she doesn't want to talk to me? I was such a bad friend she couldn't even come talk to me about this!" I exclaim, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Baby, stop," He whispers, pulling my head in his chest. "You can't blame yourself. Please don't hurt yourself over this."

Luke pulls me onto his lap, enveloping me in his arms as I lay my head in the crook of his neck, softly, slowly kissing his neck.

"How about that vodka now?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sam!" Luke warns me.

"Why can't I just have a shot of it?" I lift my head up, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Because you're not gonna wanna stop,"

"Ok dad," I roll my eyes, laying my head back down on his shoulder.

"Hold on," he says as he picks me up to lay me down on the bed before he gets out of bed to walk over to his record player.

"Play The 1975, I liked them," I mumble as I watch my lanky boyfriend grab the black and white vinyl, putting it on the player before walking back to the bed.

Luke turns his lamp off, laying down next to me on his bed.

He pulls me to his side, running his hands through my hair.

The last I remember before I fell asleep was Luke's soft lips pressed against my forehead before he pulled me closer and fallingforyou playing lightly in the background

~*~

So... Sara's preggo and Ashton made an appearance. cool.

Thanks for reading!

You are so so beautiful, don't forget that :)