chapter 35: romance

"Huh?"

"She...uh used to go to high school with me before I came here,"

"Oh,"

I honestly wish Luke didn't even bring it up. Now that I know Charlotte is my boyfriends ex-girlfriend it's going to make everything so awkward. And now that I know this I probably won't stop overthinking.

"I'm gonna go. It's been a long day," I stand up, walking towards the door.

"Sam, c'mon," Luke grabs my wrist, turning me around to face him. "Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad. I'm tired, I just wanna go,"

"Are you sure you're not mad at me?"

"I'm sure," I lie.

"Okay. I love you," he kisses my forehead.

Luke is probably expecting me to say it back but instead I turn around and leave his dorm.

I'm not sure why I'm mad. Maybe it's because he brought up his past relationship to his girlfriend. Am I over exaggerating again? I need to stop doing that.

~*~

The next morning I take a shower and put on some sweats before going to the lounge and starting my stupid English essay.

I'm not really in the mood to talk to Charlotte. We haven't really talked but she just pisses me off. Maybe it's about what Luke said but I just don't feel like being in the room when she wakes up.

"Sam!" I hear someone call for me.

I turn my head to see Michael jogging towards me.

"Michael? What's up?"

"You need to go to the soccer field,"

"Why?"

"Just go. You need to hurry," he catches his breathe, putting his hands on his knees.

I give him a confused look but get up anyway and start walking out of the lounge.

Once I get to the steps that lead down to the soccer field, I see flowers leading down the steps. I follow the flowers all the way down the steps and onto the field.

I stop once the trail of flowers end and I'm met with my boyfriend holding a boutique of flowers and a box of chocolates.

"I'm sorry for being an ass," he hands me the flowers and chocolates. "I love you."

I cross my arms over my chest, looking up at the sky instead of Luke.

"Stop acting like you're mad at me," Luke whines.

I still look up, this time rolling my eyes and tapping my foot on the grass.

Instead of saying anything else, Luke bends down and grabs my legs, throwing me over his shoulders.

"Luke!" I bang my fists against his back as he takes us somewhere I don't know.

"Stop being mad at me. I don't like it when you're mad at me," he pouts, setting me down on the metal of the bleachers.

"I'm not mad at you, Luke," I laugh.

"Yes you are,"

"No I'm not,"

"Than why are you avoiding me?" he pouts again.

Ugh, he is such a baby.

"I don't mean to. I just like to be alone sometimes,"

"Well tell me that the next time you ignore me with no reason,"

"I'm sorry," I chuckle at his ridiculous behavior. "But thank you for this romantic gesture. I really appreciate it."

"Anything for my gorgeous girlfriend," he smiled at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into his chest.

"I love you," I say into his chest.

~*~

Ok this was probably boring but the next chapter is gonna be better I can't wait !!!!