Chapter 4

Zendaya Coleman is having a party tonight Camila heard Ally say while she was taking down notes for Mr. Reid. It was Friday before lunch, and Camila was looking forward to the first weekend.

Is she now? Camila sent back.

Yep, she invited all of us. I think she has a crush on Luke

Ew said Bea. Why would you think that?

That hurts, Bea they heard Luke say.

Well Zendaya basically said "Hey I'm having a party you're invited bring Luke... and the rest of your gang Ally said

All the ladies love Luke Luke chuckled.

Hey, it's our first high school party Camila pointed out.

That's not true. Zayn and Liam took us to a rave in Atlanta this summer remember? Dinah said.

Okay then this is our first high school party

Yeah, I was talking to that new girl, Normani, and Zendaya walked up, inviting us both Ally said.

Normani? Michael asked Bea, Dinah, is that the girl in our gym class? The one who Din-

I don't want to go Dinah said quickly.

What's wrong with Normani? Camila asked

Bea cleared her throat Well, I think her and Dinah are m-

Watch your mouth, Beatrice Dinah growled. Camila heard Bea scoff behind her.

Wait, is Normani your mate? Camila asked.

"Did you get the answer to number five?" Lauren whispered to Camila. Camila jumped, startled by the voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry for scaring you," Lauren said sheepishly.

"It's okay," Camila said, barely a whisper. "For number three I got B,"

Lauren looked down at her paper, then back at Camila. "This wasn't multiple choice,"

"Are you serious?" Camila asked, snatching Lauren's homework out of her hands. Camila was so busy looking for the thing that attacked that girl last night that she didn't have the chance to do her homework, so she copied Luke's.

Oh Camila thought I have seen the error of my way

"Aw, crap," Camila groaned, running her hands through her hair nervously.

"Here, copy mine," Lauren offered. "Mr. Reid isn't looking,"

"Are you sure?" Camila bit her lip.

"Positive. Hurry, class is ending soon,"

"Thank you so much," Camila muttered.

~~

"Hi, Lauren!" Zendaya said happily as she sat down at her lunch table. "How'd your first week go?"

"It's not over yet, Z," Hailee pointed out.

"Oh, she knows what I mean. So, how'd it go?"

"I think it went well," Lauren smiled. She quickly became friends with the girls on the cheerleading team with Normani. There was Hailee, Zendaya, Tori, Maia, and of course, Normani.

Lauren fit right in, even though she wasn't a cheerleader.

"You're an honorary cheerleader," Zendaya told her on Thursday. "If you want though, I can get you on the squad. I mean coach would let me cause you're my friend, and I'm captain,"