Chapter 22

DRINKING GAME:

go back and reread this story and take a shot every time I make a reference to a song/moment that happened in real life. I can assure you ur probably going to be drunk by chapter 5

"You're weak,"

Camila looked at the reflection in the mirror to see Liz lingering in her doorway.

"I feel fine," Camila brushed off.

"You know I can tell when you're lying to me," Liz scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Is this a clairvoyant thing?"

"No, it's a common sense thing. You suck at lying,"

"I'm fine,"

"I don't think you realize how serious this is," Liz said sternly, walking into Camila's bedroom. "The bullets were laced with wolfsbane, it's in your system. It's tearing you from the inside out. Eventually, yes, you will be fine. But you're in no shape for going to the fight,"

"Gillies, I told you I'm fine," Camila rolled her eyes.

"Look," Liz sighed. She made Camila face her. "I'm coming to you as a friend, and also as a mentor. Sit this one out. Let Dinah take the lead. Right now she's physically stronger than you, and she doesn't have the wolfsbane slowing her down,"

"No," Camila said sternly. "I'm doing this. My pack, my responsibility,"

Liz pursed her lips. "I have a meeting with James in a couple of hours,"

"Oh,"

"Harry, Zayn, and Niall are coming with me to meet with him. If we had an Alpha with us-"

"No," Camila said firmly. "I don't want to see him,"

Liz nodded, expecting this answer. She handed Camila a vial.

"More healing meds," she said. "Just in case,"

~~

"Wherewolf?" Normani asked, a playful smirk on her face.

Lauren pointed at Dinah. "Therewolf,"

"I will rip out your throats," Dinah grumbled, holding up a beaker of pink steaming liquid. "What is this again?"

"Sleep serum," Liz explained. "Just in case we need it,"

"Where did Camila go?" Ally asked, looking at Liz's spell book.

"She's trying to convince my parents to take Chris away during the eclipse," Lauren explained. "She doesn't want him here while the vampires come,"

"And I got them to go to Miami early," Camila announced, walking into the basement. "They're going to stay there until New Years,"

"You, too?" Bea asks Lauren.

"No, I told my parents I'll stay with Normani," Lauren pushed her hair back. "I want to look the fucker in the eye and tell him to burn in hell,"

Liz felt a shiver run down her spine. "Speaking of fuckers..."

"Is he here?" Camila asked, walking towards the witch.

"He's close," Liz said, eyes shut. "I can feel it,"

"Really?"

"Of course," Liz nodded. "You can't be that old and powerful and not radiate a strong aura,"

"Harry and Niall are on their way," Zayn said, grabbing his backpack. "You ready?"

"Yes," Liz sighed. She could have been at home in LA right now, waiting for her early acceptance letter to RISD. Instead she could possibly die in the next week.