Chapter 21

"Laur, wake up,"

Taylor kept poking her sister, who groaned. She huffed.

"Lauren, please," Taylor said. "I need you to drive me to the hospital,"

This made Lauren shoot up. "What? Why? Are you hurt?"

Lauren cupped Taylor's face, checking for injuries. Taylor slapped her hand away.

"Not me, dimwit. For Chris. Mom and Dad got a call last night saying he's improved a lot,"

"What? Why didn't they tell me?" Lauren asked, rushing to her closet to get changed.

"Well, they thought since you had a rough day yesterday that you should sleep in," Taylor said, sitting down on Lauren's bed. "Y'know, breaking up with Camila and whatnot. Hey, wanna stop at Dunkin on the way to the hospital?"

"What?" Lauren's head snapped up.

"Dunkin Donuts? I want hot chocolate. And a donut. Do you think they would have mint hot chocolate yet since it's November?"

"No not that," Lauren shook her head. "I broke up with Camila?"

"That's what mom said. She said you called her toxic and she left in tears," Taylor looked up from her phone. "So was that a no for Dunkin?"

"Oh crap," Lauren groaned.

Yesterday was definitely a low point. She was angry, and emotional. Camila just happened to be in her path. She felt like an ass.

Lauren banged her head against her wall, scolding herself.

"Dude, what's your problem?"

"Shut up, Tay,"

Taylor rolled her eyes, not understanding Lauren's displeasure. Shouldn't she be happy that their brother was okay?

"Let's go," Taylor tugged at Lauren's arm. "I'm hungry,"

"Then feed yourself, you chicken. I have to get ready,"

"Just throw on that gay flannel you always wear. The blue and green one," Taylor shrugged. "It's a hospital. Everyone is suppose to look like crap,"

"Get out,"

Lauren ran her hands through her hair, sighing.

Camz, she thought. She waited for a reply.

Camz, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it

Camila never responded. Lauren felt defeated.

"I wonder what he thought about while he was in a coma," Taylor asked, looking outside the window while Lauren drove. "What do you think he dreamed about?"

"I don't know," Lauren said, annoyed.

"I wonder if he remembers who we are, or if he got amnesia or something. If he doesn't remember us do you think I can make him my servant?"

"Taylor, shut up,"

"Jeez, what's got your panties in a twist?"

Lauren turned up the volume of the radio, trying to tell Taylor she wasn't in the mood for talking.

"Fine, be that way," Taylor grumbled.

Chris's eyes lit up when he saw his sisters.

"Laur! Tay! Hey, what's up?" Chris smiled, waving.

"The doctor's said not to move too much!" Clara scolded, stopping his arms.

"Whoops, sorry," Chris said, unapologetically.