Chapter 17

"What do you mean 'you're not dating?'" Zendaya asked, mouth wide open. "It's been like three weeks since you told me you kissed her,"

Lauren shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, we're like dating and we aren't seeing any other people but we're not, like, official,"

"You haven't DTRed?"

Lauren furrowed her brows. "Is that like a lesbian term that I don't know? I thought I knew all of them,"

Zendaya laughed. "That just means 'define the relationship,'"

"Oh, yeah we haven't done that yet,"

"But she's picking you up from practice?"

"Pretty sure. She's been doing that for the past three weeks,"

"You guys are adorable," Zendaya zipped up her bag, throwing her practice stuff in her locker. Her and Lauren were the last in the gym after practice.

They walked outside, Camila was in her truck bantering with Michael. They just got off work.

"Hey, babe," Camila smiled, hugging Lauren before pecking her lips. Lauren smelled gross and sweaty but Camila was used to the smell of wet dog and car grease, so it didn't matter.

Zendaya and Michael smirked at the two, as if to say can you believe these losers aren't girlfriends yet?

"We're heading to the diner," Michael coughed. "Want to join us? It's gonna be us, Ally, Dinah, and Normani,"

"Sure," Zendaya smiled. "I'll meet you guys over there,"

She said goodbye, and the three piled into the truck.

"Where's Luke? Wasn't he suppose to work today?" Lauren asked, throwing her bag in the seat next to Michael.

Camila let out a laugh while Michael rolled his eyes.

"He's out with his girlfriend," Michael grumbled. "Iggy Azalea,"

"The rapper?" Lauren said. "Quit joking,"

"He's not, actually," Camila said, eyes focused on the road. "Her name is actually Arzaylea. She doesn't go to WP Prep, she goes to Blue Moon High,"

"Is it his mate?"

"Oh god no," Camila sounded disgusted. "If she was I would actually cry. We hate her,"

"She's a meanie," Michael added.

Lauren cracked a smile while Camila tried not to laugh. They both failed.

"What? What's so funny?" Michael asked.

"Mike, that's the best you can do?" Lauren laughed. "You're way too nice,"

Michael's ears almost turned as red as his hair. "I mean she's bitchy,"

Michael swearing to Camila was even more funny that Michael avoiding swearing. She laughed so hard her car started to swerve, making Michael and Lauren fear for their lives.

She gripped her stomach, stopped laughed and started coughing. She gripped her side like she was in immense pain.

Lauren immediately shot up, while Michael put his head between the front two seats, worry crossing his features.

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" Lauren asked. She lifted up Camila's shirt as she was still driving.

"I'm fine, I'm okay," Camila stuttered. "Don't worry about me,"

Lauren saw Camila's scar from the stitches across her toned abs. The wound was patched up, but the surrounding skin looked red and infected.

"You told me you were healed," Lauren said softly, fingers tracing over the place where Camila got shot. "Does your leg look like this too?"