Chapter 5- The Chase Is On

London’s POV:

                We’re sitting in Avery’s mint green bug driving to who-knows-where because we were bored out of our minds after crying hysterically because The Notebook was just so sad. To that you add Rue dying in The Hunger Games we needed an emotional break.     

                “How about the mall?” Avery asks.

                “That’s in the next town over so hell yeah! I could get away for a little while. Why don’t we stay for the night at that cute little resort with my dad’s credit card,” I suggest.

                “Sure that would be awesome,” she concedes. “How about taking some days off of school, my mom is heading out today to a business meeting in Vegas, what about your parents?”

                “They won’t care but let me call anyways,” I say as I grab my phone and try to lower my window at the same time. “Uhm, I’d rather not call them,” I say.

                “Why?”

                “My phone fell out the window,” I mumble.

                “What?”

                “My phone fell out the window,” I say louder. Like expected she bursts out laughing.

                “Only you, just use mine.”

                “Where is it?”

                “Oh crap, I left it since I was in a hurry for my mom to drive us to school to pick up the car,” she explains.

                “Who’s going to look for us anyway,” I deadpan and we both shrug. And I begin to plug in her iPod and look for a good song to play. When I come across Ellie Goulding’s Figure 8 I blast it. I just love this song. I lay back and begin to relax into a surprising peaceful slumber.

Aiden’s POV:

                We are back home worrying sick and there’s still no word from them. We tried calling but Avery’s phone was at her house and London’s is out of service or whatever. God, where could they be?

                “What if I track London’s phone?” Adrian asks.

                “Can you do that?” I ask. Asher is creating holes on the floor, the twins have been asking around for them, and Aaron is thinking up something.

                “Of course I can, my dad owns a cell phone franchise,” he says in a duh tone. I nod and he begins to make some calls.  

                “Got’cha,” I hear Aaron saying. Apparently he was waiting on a phone call. “I got them they’re on their way to the next town over according to Avery’s car gps.” We all look at him like ‘what the fuck’.

                “We all have people or do I need to refresh your memories,” he rolls his eyes and looks at us pointedly. No one argues with that logic because it’s very true.

                “Fine let’s stop for gas and we’ll be on our way,” I instruct. It’s kind of obvious that I’ve been the ring leader for a while but we all have minds of our own. And we always stick up for each other. With that we’re on our way to find these crazy bitches and demand what the hell they are thinking. London shouldn’t even be going on ‘adventures’.