Chapter 22- Asher's Lovely Date

Asher’s POV (The Date;)):

                The ride to our destination is very quiet. I mean Avery didn’t even compliment my car. This is a stated of the art car, an Audi R8, but does she notice, no. She looks hot today, she’s wearing jeans and black tank top with a plaid shirt on top and her combat boots, and she refused to get ‘dolled up.’ Whatever, I don’t care. I finally got a date with her.

                “The weather’s nice today,” I try to break the uncomfortable silence.

                “Shut up,” she huffs and leans her head on the glass of the window. Oh hell no, I pull the car over.  “What the hell are you doing?” she questions.

                “Look, I’m trying, I really am, now you are going to enjoy this damn date or I swear I’ll make you walk all the way home, got it?”

                “Whatever,” she mumbles, that’s right I’m a man. I smirk and get on the road once again until minutes later we’re pulling up at our designated spot.

                “Here we are,” I cut off the engine and head to open the door for Avery but she’s already halfway to the entrance, well then. I shake my head and catch up to her.

                “So you brought your date laser tagging?”

                “Do you like it?” I rub the back of my neck.

                “There might be hope for you just yet, I’ve always wanted to do this,” she gives me a faint smile but it’s something. 

                “I figured you wouldn’t want a fancy dinner,” I drape my arm around her and grin when she doesn’t punch me. Once inside and we have everything ready we let the game commence.

                “Ha, I won motherfucker!?”

                “Whatever, I let you win,” I roll my eyes after the millionth time of her boasting. God, if I hadn’t been distracted by her stupid smile I would’ve pummeled her ass.

                “Aw, are you mad you lost?” she mocks in a childish voice.

                “No,” I grumble. “Well, I’m glad you had fun,” I say once we’re buckled in, in the car.

                “Yeah, this date wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” she smiles.

                “It’s not over yet because I’m starving,” I pat my stomach.

                “Good, ‘cause I’m famished,” she agrees. I nod and begin the drive to my favorite diner. We fill the silence with mindless chatter, she fills me in on her hobbies and some of her favorite things and I do the same. I really thought I was going to fuck this up but I didn’t.

                “Wow, it smells really good,” she inhales as I open the entrance to the diner. She actually let me open her car door, progress. I agree and lead her to a booth in the back, my usual spot.

                “What would you like?” a waitress comes shortly after to take our orders. I barely paid attention, my eyes solely on Avery’s deep chocolate ones.

                “I’ll get a burger with curly fries and chocolate shake,” I order without looking up.

                “I’ll have the same with a strawberry shake instead,” Avery finishes. “Wow, that waitress was practically throwing herself at you and you paid her no mind,” Avery puts her hands on the table. I follow suit.