Chapter 10- Messages Left Behind

Avery’s POV:

                It’s been an hour since Aiden read the letter to us and I had to stick around so no one would be suspicious. I need to get out of here but the guys are so overbearing. I finally make the decision to go to my house and take care of some things. I’m at the door when  I hear that addictive voice.

                “Where do you think you’re going?” I turn around and come face to face with Asher, when did he get so close? Doesn’t he know his distance does not allow me to think clearly?

                “I’m going for a walk, I need some fresh air.”

                “Okay, I’ll go with you,” he states.

                “No, I need some thinking time right now,” I say and open the door.

                “You’ll be back, right?” I nod not wanting to lie to his face if that’ll be the case. With that I make my way to my house on foot so that I don’t arise suspicion. No one can know what I’m about to do.

Aiden’s POV:

                “Where’s Avery?” I ask as I take notice has been missing for a while.

                “She should’ve been back by now, she said she was going for a walk,” Asher explains.

                “And you let her go alone?” I ask incredulously. Has he not noticed what happened when London left alone, she didn’t come back.

                “Well, she said she wanted to go alone when I offered,” he explains.

                “Come on, let’s go look for her,” I say as I get up from the couch we’d been sitting on. The house really does feel empty without London and Avery and the other girls left after we received the letter. I don’t know where London could have gone but I already have some of my best people on it and when they find her I’m dragging her back here, whether she likes it or not.

                We arrive to Avery’s house and the door is open, either someone left in a hurry and forgot to close it or someone broke in. Asher and I make our way in quickly but the downstairs looks normal, it’s when we make our way upstairs that we notice something’s wrong. The room looks like a tornado swept through but what could someone have wanted. Obviously it wasn’t a burglary because the goods downstairs were left intact. Who could have done this?

                “How the hell are we going to find Avery now?” Asher exclaims.

                “Dude, how do you know someone didn’t take her?” I question calmly. Asher is in what London would call ‘beast mode’. He shoves a crumpled piece of paper in my hands before storming his way downstairs.

                ‘Hey guys don’t get mad but I had to leave. I’m going to look for London on my own and if or when I find her I’ll return. Please don’t be mad but I have to do this London’s like a sister. Aiden I’ll find her for you but if she wishes to return that’s something else but I’ll try to let you know when I do find her so you’ll know she’s alright. Asher, I’m really sorry for leaving without saying goodbye to your face. I’ll miss you guys and please look after the girls for us. Bye, Avery.’