Chapter 27- The Aftermath

Aiden’s POV:

                Today is a day in which we grieve a great loss, but we won’t mourn for long. London would’ve wanted us to be happy and remember her for all her crazy antics. She wasn’t your typical type of person, she was unique in every sense of the word and I know those that stand here today are all missing a great part of their family. She was taken from us by cold hands, too early in time for her soul to leave us.

                Many times in life we wonder, why do the ones we love, leave? Either by the hands of time, who’s too fast to slow down the clock, or in this case, by the hands of someone who decided to play fate. I look among the eleven other people that stand here today and I see the love we all had for her reflected in your eyes. She may not have had the conventional family but she had all of us, and that was more love than you could’ve asked for.

                Aiden, you lost someone so close to you, perhaps your other half and we all feel for you. Aiden lost a love while we all lost a sister, I hope you’re watching us London and I hope your with us to guide us along. May your soul rest in peace.

                I still remember that cruel day where we embedded her ashes in a mausoleum, not being able to keep them in an urn and be reminded of fate’s cruel tactics. It’s hard to believe Ashton was the one who gave the speech that day. I remember that heart wrenching day, two years ago.

                When the cops knocked on our door the day London had gone missing to inform us that she had been in some type of chase, only to crash along with her attacker, we all hoped she was in a hospital. When they announced that the cards combusted and went up in flames along with everything in them, there were tears. There were tears, there was rage but most off all, there was pain. They only found one of her bags, which was partly burnt, and the car was registered to Aaron Monroe.

                Avery was shaken, not the wailing type of uncontrollable but in a state of shock, for the following days she barely moved or talked. Asher was there to help her through it all. Together they rose from that bottomless pit of depression and grief. Asher went ballistic about London’s death, he destroyed his whole room.

                The twins, they’re another story. The twins took it hard and showed grief in a totally different way, by ransacking her parent’s home. When London’s dad found out he was furious, and when he was told about her death he wasn’t any indifferent, causing the twins to resort to violence. Her mom, we still don’t know where she’s at; according to her husband she’d been out of town.

                Adrian and Katya were a bit distant at first but they eventually stuck together, they are now like glues and can’t be separated. Ruby and Naomi had to be there for the twins to keep them out of trouble and Athen had to pull his act together when Naomi turned up pregnant from that fateful party what seems so long ago. Naomi found out about her pregnancy about two months after the funeral, she had one of those weird pregnancies where she didn’t even know she was carrying a baby.

                Athen and Naomi are the parents of one year old Landon Henderson. Yeah they put some of London into his name. We were all there for them. Surprisingly, Naomi came to me when she first found out. Guess I was second best to London but I helped nevertheless, I was also there when Athen cried for hours but he got his act together eventually.