Chapter 7: Living Life Wide Open

            Beep… Beep… Beep…Beep

            Whoever invented the stupid alarm clock should have not. The thing is so annoying! It’s 7 am. Nothing should be allowed to be that annoying this early on a Saturday.

            Wait. Saturday? I actually need to get up, like now. I’m supposed to meet Jake and the band in town at 9:30 and I still need to do my morning chores.

            After eating my breakfast and feeding Trigger, it was already 8. It was five miles into town. So I had an hour and a half to get into town and find the center.

            I started off in the woods but I was following the road. I didn’t want anyone noticing me walking down the road. It was a long walk but with my IPod it wasn’t bad.

            Finally! I could see the gazebo straight ahead of me. I was crossing the street to get to the center when the school’s busses showed up. They had colorful murals. Each one was different. I could see Liz in one of the windows.

            “Rikki! Rikki!” I couldn’t help but laugh. It was just too funny. She wasn’t even off the bus but she was sticking her head out of the window. But the window was the mouth of a giant face on the side of the bus.

            She ran straight to me when the bus stopped. “What are you doing here? I mean I know you live here but are you going to be able to come with us. I was going to have to spend the whole day with Matt and Jake. But if you are here than I can get a break from them! Oh please tell me you are coming with us.”

            “Okay. Two things. First, you need to calm down. Second, yeah I’m coming with you guys. Jake asked me to meet you guys here. What are you guys doing?”

            Matt answered me. “We were planning to hit the music store and maybe the movies.”

            “Umm. Actually, Rikki and I are going to have to ditch the movies. But that doesn’t mean Jake and you can’t still go.”

            Jake looked over at me. “Where are you guys going?”

            I was about to tell him I had no clue but Liz stopped me. “Just to go shopping. Alone.”

            She started to drag me off toward the other side of the square. Jake grabbed my arm before she moved two feet. “Actually, I need to talk to Rikki. We’ll meet you and Matt at the store in a few.”

            Liz shrugged and walked off with Matt following. When they were out of hearing range, Jake turned to me. “So where are you two going?”

            “I have no clue. I didn’t even know I was going shopping with here until she told you guys.” He just waved his hand in front of him and waited for me to start walking the way Matt and Liz had gone.

            “Oh, and Jake, are you still coming by tonight?”

            “As long as you still want me to.”

            “Good. Because I have a surprise for you. Don’t worry it’ll be fun.”

            “What kind of surprise?”

            “The type you can’t know about until I reveal it tonight.” I could see him about to ask another question. I didn’t want to give him the chance to get me to slip up so I ran towards the store. I could hear him right behind me. I made it to the music store. The sign had two vinyl records on the sides with the words “Paige’s Music Store” in the middle. I pulled open the door and was shock by the inside.