Chapter 15: So Long For Now

Jake’s POV

      “But Jake,” Izzy paused and looked me in the eye, “if you hurt her, I will kill you. She’s been through enough bullshit. She doesn’t need you adding to that. Got it?”

      “Yeah.  Bye Izzy.”

      Jeez that chick can be scary. I thought she would be like Rikki and be snappy but sweet not scary. It was nice to get to know her sister but I want to know where Austin and Rikki went off to.

      I didn’t even know that Rikki’s brother’s car was here. I wonder why she never told me. Maybe she did, and I forgot. Whatever it was, I need to go home. It’s a long ride.

      I put my headphones in and cranked up some CCR. {aka Credence Clearwater Revival} The music drowned out the rest of the world. I was so into it I didn’t notice the car right in front of me. I swerved out of the way right before we collided.

      I kept peddling but looked over my shoulder and saw the car had stopped. The people inside had turned around but I didn’t care. I just kept going until I hit the town center. I needed to get home to call Rikki. I forgot to ask Izzy to tell her why I was there.

Rikki’s POV

      “Austin, watch out!” There was a bicyclist right in front of us and Austin wasn’t slowing down.

      “Calm down, Rikki. I see him. Everything will be fine”

      “I know we can see him but I don’t think he’s seen us.” Suddenly the biker looked up and swerved out of the center of the road. Austin stopped the car and we looked over our shoulders at the boy peddling away.

      “See I told you everything would be fine.” I looked over at him and hit his arm.

      “Would you just drive?”

      “You know, for some one who’s asking a favor of me, you could be nicer.”

      “Austin.” I looked over at him and gave him the puppy dog face. “Elle and I really need you to drive us to the airport. You would say no after you already said yes would you?”

      He looked over at me and mumbled under his breath. “What did you say?”

      “That I’m glad I don’t have any sisters. That face is impossible to say no to.”

      “I know.” I said with a smile of victory. A minute later we pulled into the driveway. I climbed out and opened the door. Austin pulled in and climbed out. He tossed me the keys.

      “Are we going to take John’s car to the airport?”

      “Only if you want to. But I’m guessing you probably want to take it.”

      “Of course. So I guess I’ll see you in the morning.”

      “Thanks again Austin.”

      “No problem.”

      He climbed back into his car and drove away. I washed the car. It was covered in dirt and John would have freaked if he saw it left like that.  I ran up the stair and into the house. “Elle, are you awake?”

      “Yeah and there’s no need to shout.” I followed her voice and saw her sitting on the couch, 10 feet away. Oops.

      “Sorry, I didn’t realize you were in here. I got you a ride to the airport tomorrow.”