Male!Yuno x Reader (Mirai Nikki/The Future Diary)

Being a diary holder sure put a whole lot of stress on you.

For the most part, it was because you never got any time to spend with your best friend, Yuki. He had told you already that he owned a diary as well, but it wasn't the same as the time before you received the diary.

The two of you used to hang out and do... well... normal stuff all the time - talking, playing video games, watching movies - but now, you couldn't recall the last time you had done that. Now, when you hung out, you just strategized for the battle royale. It was even more painful when you thought about how one of you would eventually have to kill the other.

You were so distracted by your thoughts that you didn't notice someone standing in front of you. You slammed into someone, causing you to fall over.

You looked down and noticed that you were lying on the sidewalk near the street. On your left was a row of shops and stores.

How did I get to the downtown city? you wondered, looking around. I was headed toward the bookstore near my house! Geez, I must be really distracted

"I'm so sorry!" you apologized to the person that you had bumped into.

"It's okay, (y/n)," the person responded gently.

You looked up and gasped in fear.

Crap... it's the 2nd diary holder, Yuno Gasai! He's not going to try to kill me or anything... right? I mean, we are in public...

The pink-haired boy extended his hand toward you to help you up. You hesitantly took it, and he pulled you up.

"H-hi, Yuno," you squeaked.

"Hi, (y/n)!" he responded shyly. "How are you?"

Why is he acting so... calm? One of us could kill the other at any second!

"I'm good," you responded. "Um... could you let go of my hand?"

"Oh! Yeah! Sorry!" Yuno responded. He released your hand, and you stuck it in your pocket.

"Thank you for helping me up. Sorry for bumping into you! I gotta go... see you!" you said nervously. You spun around and ran as fast as you could away.

Crap crap crap crap crap...

Finally, you came to a stop once you rounded the corner. You peeked around the corner of the block to see Yuno standing in the same place as before, staring at you. The creepiest thing was the smile on his face and the fact that he wasn't blinking.

You shuddered and started walking back toward your apartment. After a little while, you saw the bookstore in the building next to it.

"Here it is!" you said with a nervous laugh. You entered the store and started looking for books.

Hmm... let's see... where's the manga?

After finding the latest issue of your favorite manga, you paid for it and sat down at a table to read.

You were just starting to get lost in the story when you heard, "Hi, (y/n)!"

You dropped the book, startled, and looked up. You sighed in relief when you saw Yuki take a seat across from you.

"Hey, Yuki," you greeted.

"How are you?" your best friend asked, smiling.

You sighed.

"I ran into Yuno Gasai earlier, and it was really creepy."

"Really?" Yuki asked, looking scared. "I didn't know he lived in the city!"