Armin x Reader (Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyoujin) - Highschool!AU

You shut your locker and leaned against it, sighing. You tapped your foot against the ground and glanced down the hallway, waiting for your friends.

"Hey, (y/n)," Eren greeted, walking up next to you. "Ready to go to class?"

"Sure!" you nodded. As the two of you walked, you sighed and stretched your arms behind your back. "I wish that I didn't have to go to school. I hate having to do actual work."

Eren laughed. However, a voice behind you said, "That's not a good way to think. You need to study. It's necessary."

"I got it, Mikasa," you sighed as she quickly sped up so that she was next to you. 

"You should be more like Armin," Mikasa admonished. "He puts in the effort that you need to put in as well."

"But I don't want to," you whined. However, you were secretly thinking about Armin.

You and Armin used to be best friends. He was even your first crush. The two of you had grown up together. However, as time passed, you eventually grew apart. Although you were in the same social group, you never really talked anymore. Sure, you missed the old memories you had, but everybody had to move on at some point. 

"...(y/n), (y/n)," Eren was saying, shaking your arm. You blinked a few times and looked up.

"Oh, uh, what?" you asked.

"We've arrived at the History classroom," Mikasa informed you. "You seem distracted. Is everything alright?"

You nodded, although your mind was still on Armin. Mikasa and Eren glanced at each other before shrugging and taking their seats. You sat down in between them and looked up as your teacher, Professor Levi, walked in, carrying a stack of papers.

"Alright, brats," he sighed, plopping the stack down on his desk, "You've got a pop quiz today. If you all studied, you should do fine. If not, well, then, you're screwed."

The class let out a collective groan, including you. After Professor Levi snapped at you all to shut up, he passed out the tests. You took out a pencil and twirled it between your fingers as you looked down at the quiz. 

Immediately, you froze. Your eyes nervously darted over the first few quiz questions.

What is another name for the Edo period?

Circle TRUE or FALSE: The Edo period lasted from 1667-1803.

Write out the kanji for "shogun" below.

Your heart started to pound, and you took a deep breath.

It's okay, I'm fine, you thought, trying your best to swallow your rising panic. I know this. I know this.

However, as much as you told yourself that, you didn't. All you could do was just stare numbly at the quiz as the rest of the students scribbled down their answers. 

Eventually, Professor Levi called, "Time's up, brats! Drop your pencils and turn your quiz face-down."

He went around collecting the papers while students whispered about the quiz to each other. You stared down at your lap, embarrassed.

"Time to turn in your test, (y/n)," Professor Levi said as he came to your desk.

You handed him your quiz without looking him in the eye. Professor Levi flipped it over and glanced at it.

"It's blank," he said, glancing at you.

"Y-yeah, I know," you mumbled, face burning. 

Professor Levi stared at you for a moment before saying, "Come see me after class."