Levi x Reader (Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyoujin)

You woke up one morning feeling happier than you had in weeks. After a month and a half of missed training, you were finally going to be able to catch up with Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the others, as well as get back to military camp.

A little bit of backstory: you had been running laps around the camp one day when you plowed into Marco, who was only half paying attention to where he was going (yes, I did that on purpose, don't hate me XP). That wouldn't have been so bad, but since you were still recovering slightly from your run-in with your friend, you tripped over Sasha, who was doing sit-ups in the middle of the path. Because you landed awkwardly, you managed to somehow shatter the bones in your foot and fracture your dominant hand, leaving you unable to participate in the Training Corps program.

You sat up eagerly and bounded out of your bed. After hurriedly yanking on your uniform and running a comb through your tangled hair, you sprinted out of your dorm and toward the training grounds. You lined up for roll call next to Eren, bouncing excitedly on your toes.

"(y/n)?!" Eren asked in surprise. "Looks like you're finally feeling better!"

You grinned.

"Hey, Eren! Yep, I am! I'm so excited to get back to training!"

"Jean Kirschtein!" a training instructor taking attendance barked at your friend, who was next to Mikasa.

"Here," Jean responded, doing a military salute.

"Mikasa Ackerman!" the training instructor yelled.

"Here," Mikasa said, doing a salute as well.

"Eren Jaeger!" the instructor shouted.

"Here," Eren saluted.

The instructor was about to shout at you when he froze and double-checked his clipboard.

"Who the heck are you?" the instructor demanded.

You blinked in surprise.

"Um... I'm (y/f/n). My name might not be on the sheet since I've been out of training for nearly two months, but I should be a registered soldier."

The instructor flipped through his sheets before reaching the last piece of paper.

"Here you are," the instructor said. He started to read out loud, "(y/f/n). Should be out for six to seven weeks due to a shattered foot and a fractured forearm. When recovered should see Corporal Levi."

The people who could hear what he had said started murmuring to each other. Although it was a little embarrassing, you couldn't blame them - Corporal Levi was known for being emotionless, harsh, and tough as nails.

"I-I see, sir," you stammered. "Where... um, where could I find the corporal?"

"He should be in his office over in that building over there," the instructor said, pointing toward a building near your left.

"Th-thank you," you said. You pushed your way through the line of people to get toward the building. You were so nervous that you ended up accidentally stepping in a huge puddle of mud, tarnishing your previously seldom-worn boots.

You entered the building and searched the plaques on the doors. When you came across one that said "Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman," you knocked.

"Come in," a gruff voice said.

You hesitantly opened up the door before walking in. Sitting with his feet on his desk was the infamous Corporal Levi.

"You stepped in mud," Levi said, although it was more of a statement than a question.