Italy x Reader (Hetalia)

It was midnight when your phone rang, startling you awake.

You yawned and sat upright, blinking a few times. Your brain still feeling fuzzy, it took another few rings until you were awake enough to have the strength to reach over and answer the phone.

"Hello?" you asked, stifling another yawn.

"(y/n)! (y/n)!" a cheerful voice on the other end said.

"Italy?" you asked, sitting upright.

"Yep! How did you know?" he said from the other end of line.

"Um... why are you calling at midnight? Is everything okay?"

"I'm bored," he answered with a loud sigh.

"Go back to sleep, then," you sighed.

"But I don't like sleeping. I want to cook some food," Italy declared.

"Then... go cook some food, I guess. I don't know why you had to call me to, though..."

"I want you to help me!" Italy said. Then, hopefully, he added, "You will, right?"

"Italy, I'd love to any other day, but it's, y'know, the middle of the night," you explained, trying your best not to sound exasperated.

"Pleeeeaaaaaaaase?" he begged.

You thought for a moment before finally answering.

"Fine," you sighed. "I'll be over in a little bit. But if we cook, then you have to promise that you'll do your best not to wake Germany up, okay?"

"Okay!" Italy chirped. "See you soon!"

You heard a click, signalling that he had hung up. You rubbed your eyes and lazily swung your feet out of bed.

Why did I agree to this? you wondered to yourself as you got changed into more suitable clothes. I could have just said that I wanted to postpone it to tomorrow...

Lately, when it came to Italy, you had been feeling a bit... weird. You always had this weird fluttery feeling in your chest when you were around him, and it was always as if you couldn't think straight. And when he gave you a hug or clung to your arm, it sent a strange tingly feeling up your spine, as if you had just been shocked.

I don't... like him, do I?  you thought nervously. You quickly shook your head. 

"No, no, I couldn't," you said aloud. "He's my best friend. If I... if I..."

You blocked the thought out of your head and trudged down the stairs to your front door. There, you slipped on your shoes, grabbed your keys, and hopped into your car.

When you reached Germany's house, where Italy was staying, you knocked on the door, trying your best to be quiet. Almost immediately, Italy whipped open the door.

"(y/n)! There you are!" he said, giving you a squeeze. "I set out the ingredients already, so don't worry!"

"Let me guess," you said as you followed him into the kitchen, "we're making pasta?"

"You're a good guesser!" Italy smiled. "You're right!"

"Alright," you said, cracking your knuckles dramatically, "let's get cooking. So, Italy, what do we do first?"

"Well, first, we boil water," Italy said. He took out a huge pot and held it under the sink, turning on the faucet. The pot filled with water until it got too heavy for him.

"Whoa!" he cried, trying his best to balance the pot.

You quickly rushed over and grabbed the pot for him, helping him balance it. Lowering your voice, you said, "We need to be quiet, Italy. We can't wake up Germany."