Jellal x Reader (Fairy Tail)

"Haven't I passed that rock before?" you wondered aloud as you narrowly avoided walking into a spiderweb.

Unfortunately, in avoiding the spiderweb, you tripped over a tree root sticking out the ground. You shrieked as you fell forward, barely managing to catch yourself.

You grunted and tried to stand back up. However, your left ankle hurt like crazy, and you couldn't stand up, no matter how hard you tried.

You sighed and put your head in your hands.

"How did this happen?" you groaned, hobbling over to a tree stump to sit. "I was walking back from that job with the rest of Team Natsu just a minute ago... and then I guess I strayed off the path somehow. How long have I been lost?"

You glanced up at the sky. You could tell from the orange and pink streaks that the sun was setting.

How the heck am I going to make it back?!

You stood up again and decided to continue heading in the same direction as before. Your travel was a lot slower with your injury. Inevitably, the sky began to darken until you could barely see more than three feet ahead of you.

"Crap," you groaned, squinting. "How am I going to find the path now?"

"Are you lost?"

You flinched, startled, before spinning toward the voice.

"Who... who's there?" you called out.

A figure emerged from your right. It took a moment, but you could barely make out a young man with blue hair and what appeared to be a tattoo over his right eye.

"I assume you've strayed from the path, right?" the weird man asked. "Do you need help getting back?"

You were hesitant to say anything at first. Should I really trust a weird man wandering around in the forest at night? you thought. However, you weren't sensing any bad vibes from him. You decided to trust him. 

"Yeah... I was with my team from my guild, coming back from a job. The next thing I knew, I was here... wherever that is..."

"You're actually not too far from the path," the man said. He pointed toward your left. "It's over there. If you walk for a little in that direction, you should come across it."

"Okay. Thanks!" you said gratefully. You started limping toward where he pointed before stopping.

"Wait, what's your name?" you asked.

However, no response came. A brief glance over the area behind you showed that he had left.

You shrugged and turned back around, dragging yourself toward where he had pointed.

-Timeskip-

When you finally got back to the Fairy Tail guild hall, you were out of breath and felt like collapsing. You shoved open the door and nearly fell over trying to make your way to a table to sit down.

As soon as you plopped down, however, you were immediately mobbed by your friends.

"(y/n)-san! There you are!" cried Wendy, rushing over to you. "You're all scraped up! I'll heal you!"

"Oh my gosh, I'm so relieved!" Lucy gasped, sitting next to you. "What happened?"

"Someone should go get Mirajane and tell her that we found her," Gray spoke up.

"Natsu and I will do it," Erza volunteered. She dragged the pink-haired fire mage - who was sobbing in fear of Erza -  toward Mira, who was talking worriedly to the master.