Chapter 14

I sit on the floor of the shower, thinking of what just happened.

I've never thought about being attracted to Hunter, mostly because he's a dick half the time, but being up against that wall with his body pressed against mine, it felt so right. In some strange, weird way, I felt the need to be close to him.

I shake my head, ridding myself of the thoughts. There's no way I could feel anything for him. He's the boss of a Mafia, which by the way is a major turn on, no! No it's not a turn on.

I know it's time to get out of the gentle stream of water when goosebumps start to raise in my skin.

Turning off the water, I wrap a white towel around my body, and squeeze my hair out.

I take Bobbie's offer of letting me borrow a pair of pajamas.

I find a pair of soft, grey sweatpants and a black zip up sweatshirt, that I leave the zipper half way down to show my white tank top underneath. I put my messy hair into a bun atop my head after brushing through it briefly.

I debate whether I should head to the game room where every one is. I don't want to risk running into Hunter in the hallway, or him being in the room with everybody else, but I don't have anything else to do.

I slide on a pair of fluffy socks and head out into the hallway. Hunter's door is shut, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's in there. He made it a point to always have his door closed.

I stare at the wall that Hunter had me pushed against, wanting to be in that moment again, only letting him do what he wanted with me. No, no I don't wish that had happened. I have Nixon, who is a very nice guy, unlike Hunter. Why am I even talking about Hunter like I want him or he wants me for that matter?

The journey downstairs consists of me slipping along the hard wood floors because of the stupid socks, almost face planting into a coffee table, and falling head first down the stairs leading into the basement.

"Whoa, just learning how to walk little Bambi," a husky voice says from behind me as I get to the bottom of the stairs.

"No," I respond, nonchalantly.

"Whatever, just try not to get your blood on my floors," he sneers, I don't even see his face as he walks past me and towards the game room. He wasn't as rude as usual.

I roll my eyes even though he can't see me and follow closely behind him. He enters the room first, and being the gentlemen he is, slams the door right in my face.

"Dick," I mutter with a huff. Opening the door myself I see Nixon laughing while Sheldon pouts in the corner, Bobbie brushing off her tongue with her finger, and Jayden and Sean high fiving each other. "What's going on?"

I stand next to Nixon, who is leaning against the wall for support while he keeps laughing.

"Bobbie and I had a bet with whoever loses has to kiss Sheldon, Bobbie lost so she kissed him," he explains after he settles down.

"That doesn't make sense why Sheldon is pouting," I jerk my thumb over to where Sheldon is still sulking.

"Oh right, Bobbie told him how gross he was and that she'd rather die than do that again." I guess that makes sense then. Sheldon's not even that bad looking, he's actually pretty attractive. I look over at Sean, who continues to laugh at his brothers expense.

"Sean, I don't know why you're laughing, you look just like him," I smirk when he stops laughing and glares at me. The room starts to fill with laughter, even Hunter chuckles slightly.

"You want to play a round?" Nixon whispers to me. I look behind me to find everyone talking amongst themselves, glad there not paying attention to us.