Chapter 22

This song should be played throughout the chapter it really helps. Sorry in advance for is about to happen :(

I fall asleep during the movie and when I wake up the sun still hasn't made an appearance and my mother is cooking something really awesome smelling in the kitchen while humming.

I stretch my arms and legs while pressing pause on the movie that has restarted some how.

Placing my foot onto the carpet I stand up and blink a couple time to rid the dizziness of my eyes.

"Oh your awake!" My mom squeaks obviously startled from my presence all of a sudden.

"Yeah, just woke up," I inform and take a seat at the island to watch her cook.

"Well, I'm making some chicken noodle soup if you want some," she says and I nod.

I look at the clock on the microwave and it reads three o'clock. Wow. I slept that long.

"How are you feeling?" She asks after a while.

"I'm good," I answer.

The events of last night still are fresh in my mind and no matter how hard I try to act like it shouldn't matter, it does.

Every time I think of the way he threw our intimate moment in my face, I feel my cheeks heat with guilt and regret.

He knew that those words would effect me and that's exactly what he wanted. He got his wish and now I feel like an even worse person.

Not to mention knowing my dad is in the Mafia, a boss for that matter and Bobbie only became my friend so her family could protect me. I wonder how much money their earning from all this?

"Jacey?" I look up and my eyes meet my moms concerned ones.

I look more like my dad than my mom with brown hair and tan skin while my mom is pale with black hair.

"Hmm?" I ask, trying to act as natural as I can.

"Are you alright? You don't look good at all," she asks worried.

"I'm fine. I think I'm just going to go...take a shower," I nod.

"Didn't you already take a bath?" She questions.

"Yeah, but I feel sticky and...yeah," I say and rush off to my room.

Hurrying to get in the safety of my bedroom and closing the door, I sink down to the floor and pull my knees to my chest.

Bobbie and all of them only became my friends to protect me, for the money. She never really cared about me that's why it didn't matter to her I did such an intimate thing with her brother.

Everything seems to add up and I can't help the sob that escapes my lips.

The only friends I have, tricked me into thinking they genuinely care, but they're only pretending for the money.

I was a fool to trust so easily, I knew that the reason why we moved so much was not because my dad kept getting transferred, now I know it's because people are after me.

My father. My father is the most feared Mafia boss in the world and I hadn't even known. I was so oblivious to everything around me.