Chapter 30

Hunter's POV.

"Where have you been?" Bobbie asks me when I finally make it into my office where we are supposed to have a meeting.

"Had a phone call," I mumble and sit at my desk. "Is everyone here?"

Jayden looks around, but my gaze lands on Sheldon.

"Where's Nixon?" I growl. Great, now we have to wait on the son of a bitch.

"He went to go talk to Jacey a little while ago," Sheldon shrinks in his seat.

What. The. Fuck.

"God fucking dammit," I slam my hand on the desk before pushing my chair away and head up the stairs.

I will fucking kill him if he even so much as touched a hair on her body.

When I finally get right outside her bedroom door I hear two voices talking.

"You're right, they do, but you're different," a male voice explains sternly. "I agree that you shouldn't have been dragged into this, but killing yourself would've created a war, I don't think you understand that."

Obviously that male would be Nixon and God do I want to go in their and knock everyone of his goddamned teeth out.

"And what makes me so different? Huh? People already want me dead," Jacey argues, her voice full of emotion. Has she been crying? Is it because of him? "Is it the money? You still wanted the money for making sure I didn't die-"

"Shut up!" Nixon shouts. Oh hell no, over my dead fucking body. "You don't know anything. You think I didn't feel anything for you? That I told you all those things about me because I wanted money?"

"I don't know," she answers shakily making my tiny, peanut sized heart ache.

"Wow," I hear him scoff.

He's about to never be able to scoff again the bastard.

I get a little warning of when he'll walk out of her room, and when the door slams shut, I walk out from my hiding spot that wasn't so hidden.

"Hunter," Nixon nods, getting ready to walk pass me when I grip his arm and shove him against the wall with my forearm against his throat. I feel like I always have him in this position.

"You listen, and you listen closer than you ever have, if you ever talk to Jacey that way again I will skin you alive," I lower my voice dangerously. "I don't care if her motives are stupid to you, I will never hear you raise your voice to her again or disrespect her. Got it?"

Nixon is good at hiding his emotion, he always has been, but I can see through him now. He's scared, scared of me.

All he does is nod and I let him go, not without a shove to the chest.

Taking a deep breath I'm about to knock on Jacey's door when I think better of it, she'll never let me in. So instead of wasting the energy of pounding my fist on her door, I burst through the slab of wood, locking it behind me.

"Hunter!" She screeches and wipes away her tears. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

Nope.

I roll my eyes. "Be quiet."

I sit down on her bed where she scootches over to make room for me. I place my elbows on my knees and sigh.

"Are you okay?" I ask, trying to be polite and somewhat unlike my usual self.

"I'm surprised you care after you completely gave me the cold shoulder even after what happened last night," she scoffs with a roll of her eyes.