Chapter 24

I didn't except anything bad to happen when I just got out of the hospital.

I didn't expect a car driving towards us full speed, crashing into the side of our Mercedes.

We were only driving to Panera, the roads were oddly vacant for it being a Sunday. I wasn't paying much attention when I hear my mom scream and my dad jerk the wheel to the right.

My head hit the window with so much force my eyesight blackened before returning.

Next thing I knew an even bigger force hit our left side, right where the back door was.

I screamed, hitting my head yet again on the window, this time I did black out, but not before the feeling of rolling over was felt.

•••

Once again, I wake up and my head feels as if it will split open at any time. My whole body is numb and my eyes are glued shut.

What is happening?

I don't panic when my eyelids refuse to part, I just keep trying and soon enough they snap open and I'm in a hospital room again.

How many times am I going to be in a hospital?

"Jacey," someone sighs and I snap my head over to the person who kneels by my bed.

"Bobbie?" What is she doing here?

"Shh, don't try to talk to much. Would you like some water?" She asks and moves some hair from my forehead.

I nod and she smiles before leaving.

My parents. Are they okay? How hurt are they?

Bobbie returns moments later, handing me the styrofoam cup, I drink all the water and close my eyes.

"How are my parents?" I ask and open my eyes again.

I wish I didn't.

"Jacey..." She looks down at her hands.

"What? What's wrong?" I begin to panic.

"Jacey, you need to calm down," she tries to substation me.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Where the hell are my-"

"Enough," a voice booms and Bobbie looks down before glancing at her brother. "You can leave."

"Alright," she whispers and spares me a haunting look before leaving.

"Are you going to tell me how my parents are doing?" I ask, choking up slightly.

"If I tell you will you calm down?" He asks, crossing his bulging arms over his chest.

I nod.

"You're mother didn't survive. When your car flipped over, the window broke and glass penetrated a couple major veins," he says with little to no emotion.

This isn't real. This has to be a dream.

"You're lying. This is a just a dream. It's all a dream," I pull on my hair an shake my head.

"Jacey, calm down."

"It's all a dream, it's all a dream."

I start to feel dizzy again and I lose consciousness for what seems like the thousandths time in the past week.

Hunter's POV.

I leave Bobbie to look after Jacey again while I go look for her dad.

"Where's Robert DeGrasa?" I ask the receptionist, my tone is so demanding the blonde has no choice but to give me the answer.