Chapter 35

These are the tattoos that I want on Hunter! Also the eight pack :)

Ohh and Mature Content!!

I'm about to go find out where Nixon is when shouting fills the house

I'm about to go find out where Nixon is when shouting fills the house. Voices bounce off the walls and ceiling making the noise louder than it should be.

Hunter emerges from his room like he's just seen a ghost. His eyes are wide, face white and body rigid.

"Hunter?" I look back at him as the shouting grows louder.

"You need to go to the safe room," he orders, not looking at me. I follow him down the stairs thoroughly confused.

"What? Why?" I fumble, almost tripping down a step. What's going on?

Suddenly, an ear shattering  scream sounds through the house. I have to cover my ears in order to not go deaf. Now I'm definitely scared.

Hunter starts jogging down the stairs, me in tow.

"Hunter!" I shout.

He doesn't stop, instead he makes a sharp turn heading in the direction of the scream. I don't know if I want to find out what it was.

Everything seems to happen in slow motion, one minute I'm staring at Hunter's back and the next my eyes glue to a girl crouched by a bloodied body.

I cover my mouth with my hand in an appalled manner. Blood. Everywhere. It's all you can see in the room. It covers the marble floors, leaking into the rug and couch next to them.

"What happened?" Hunter demands. 

"Kolosov," a man speaks up, not looking at his boss. "It was a sneak attack. Rain was out on border control with James, Patrick, Alex and Sam. They were attacked."

"Why is Rain only here? Where're the others?" The boss asks, looking around.

"Rain was the only one with a body," the same man mutters.

The only one with a body?

Hunter's jaw ticks in an angered manner, his fists clenching dangerously. He looks about ready to blow. And it's my fault.

"Kolosov?" I question. "The same guy that wants me?"

"Yes-"

"It doesn't matter," Hunter snaps, looking back at me with his eyes blazing.

"Yes it does," I let out a sarcastic chortle. "This guy just killed five more of your men!"

"Jacey..." I don't listen to what he says, instead looking over at the woman with a large stomach hugging herself, crying to the man on the ground.

Tears spring to my eyes once realizing who it is. This woman just lost her husband, a woman who is pregnant. Her baby will never be able to meet his dad because of me. All because of me.