Chapter 40

I don't know if he just is saying this because we've just had sex or if he really means it, but right now I can't even think straight

This is the same guy that says he doesn't do relationships and such yet he's saying he loves me?

"What?" I breathe, my post orgåsm state not helping the situation.

"I-I," he stammers and awkwardly looks away. I wait until he pulls out of me and lays by my side to turn and look at him.

"Do you really?" I ask, my stomach fluttering excitedly.

He looks at me and sighs. "Yeah."

I barely hear him, and if it was for anything else I probably wouldn't of, but I do now. I feel my heart rate pick up and a smile take over my face.

"I love you too," I gush in a whisper. Hunter's face transforms from his passive one to a Christmas tree. He sits up so he can look down at me, his eyes searching my own.

"You do?" He questions, looking nervous and excited at the same time.

"Yes, Hunter," I giggle when I noticed the grin take over his face.

I didn't think he'd ever say those words to me. It's not a secret that I love him too, though. I mean, I've given him myself in more ways than one and that must mean I trust him. It only makes sense for my feelings to transform into something as serious as this. The problem is, that I don't think I'd let out my feelings for him if it wasn't for the fact he said them first. I wasn't going to ruin what we have.

"I'm just," he grins, shaking his head. "So happy."

I laugh again when Hunter grips my hips and pulls me on top of his naked body, pressing his swollen lips to my own.

"I love you," he giddily breathes against my lips.

"I love you, too," I smile, biting my lip as he looks into my eyes with so much love and passion that it makes my whole body feel like jelly.

"I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you," he whispers, tucking a piece of my messy hair behind my ear.

My heart skips a beat, literally.

"My life has changed so much since you bumped into me that first day here, and I can't help but think it's for the better." The sincerity in his voice is so strong that it's hard to tell if this is really Hunter. "I never thought I'd fall in love with you, but I can't imagine not also. You're everything to me."

I lightly drag my hand across his jawline and press my lips to his, lovingly. A sigh escapes his nose as our lips move together perfectly, savoring the feeling of our bodies pressed so close together. There's something so different about this kiss, it's filled with love. The love only Hunter and I share.

Hunter deepens the kiss when his tongue slides along the seam of my lips, giving him the access to my mouth. Our tongues stroke against each other while my lower body grinds against his bare body.