Chapter 4 - Stability Pt.2

Cristiano nearly started choking on his food as Sergio walked in. I'm not sure what past these two may have had, but it's a no-brainer to see that the vibe between them is not lining up right now. I quickly poured Cristiano a glass of water before the choking got worse and after grabbing for it and chugging it down, he got up and walked over to Sergio. ...Not Good.

"Sergio! I can't believe you're here! Congrats on becoming captain too!" Cristiano had nothing but good things to say to him. He even reached out his hand for a shake, so I guess they're friends then.

"Drop the act. Are you trying to humor me?" Sergio replied back in a cold tone. Ok, maybe they aren't friends...

"Is there a problem?" Cristiano looked confused.

Sergio turned his head and stared at Cristiano boldly. "It's simple, I'm tired of being in your shadow." Cristiano tensed up a bit.

"Since when have you been in my shadow? Last I checked, we both play for Real Madrid?" He questioned.

"That's what I thought too, but for some reason after we win a game, all the glory just magically goes back to you...I'm tired of it." Sergio explained.

"Tired of what?" Cristiano questioned.

"Stop acting like you don't know! You think you can just turn the whole team against me with your smooth words? I'm putting a stop to that smug attitude of yours...and what better place than to be at our last World cup before retirement." Sergio poked his chest.

Cristiano looked shocked, he was progressively getting angrier and even grabbed Sergio's shirt.

"So this is how you really feel? You're the one here that's speaking nothing but lies!" Cristiano's raised voice could be heard all over room and everyone turned and stared. 

That does it, I need to go stop them before this gets worse. I quickly got up and was about to rush over to Cristiano before someone stopped me.

"Hey what're you doing!?" I yelled.

"I got this, watching these two bickering is pathetic. You go sit down." The guy said.

"Zack stay back, Zlatan can handle this." Neymar then came and brought me back to my seat.

"Zlatan?" I asked.

"Zlatan Ibrahimović, the guy that just stopped you?" Neymar replied

"What's so special about him?" I asked.

"Zlatan is the captain for Sweden...He's also considered one of the best players of this day, along with yours truly." Neymar pointed to himself.

"Right..." I said.

"He alone makes Sweden a team to be watched." he said.

"Seriously? The cup hasn't even started yet. I figured we'd wait to rip each other's heads off then once everything kicked off." The Netherlands captain said, directing his comment at argument.