Chapter 22- Extracurricular pt.2

"Zack? What're you doing here? It's the middle of the night, I was nearly on my way out." My Manager questioned.

"Can we...talk for a minute?" I asked.

"This can't be good...sure, close the door behind you." He asked. I followed his direction, and closed the door behind me.

--- (25 mins later)

"And you're sure this is what you want?" My manager asked, and I nodded.

"Yes. As of today...I---I would like to resign." I said rather nervously, somewhat shaking.

"Could you at least give me a reason?" He asked, crossing his legs, resting his clasped hands on his chin.

"You want the truth then?" I asked.

"Yes." He's replied.

"The name on my job application, is a lie." I spoke up.

"What?" His eyes bulged.

He went inside his desk, shuffling through documents and pulled out the application I turned in. He looked at the paper and back to me.

"Zack Aveiro isn't my real name. By US jurisdiction, my real name is Zack Vinson. I lied to about my name just to make sure I got the job." I said, pulling out my ID, and handing it to him. He looked at the paper and the ID and finally realized that I wasn't lying.

"...What do you mean by US jurisdiction?" He asked me.

"It means by law Zack Vinson is my name, but to be honest, that might not be my REAL name." I explained.

"I'm not following you..." he said, being somewhat confused.

"In the past few weeks, it was revealed to me that I had been adopted. I'm actually Spaniard, so Zack might actually be my name, but Vinson defiantly isn't." I explained a bit more.

"So you aren't---"Yes, I'm not Cristiano's brother." I cut him off.

"What's your connection with him then?" He asked another question.

"Not much. My previous job had been bought out which led to me being homeless. Cristiano just took me in and gave me another chance to rebuild myself. That's all." I told him.

"I get it now, the reason why you're resigning. You don't want to be forced to pick between both teams to support tomorrow, am I right?" He finally caught on.

"There's another reason too, but that's exactly it." I nodded.

"Then I won't force you to tell me everything...but it's a shame, I liked having a hard working celebrity around." He joked.

"I'm REALLY sorry." I apologized.

"It's alright, you have your reasons for reasons for doing this, so I'm not mad. But...It's been nice working with you Zack, come back in about few days and I'll have your last paycheck ready for you. Do what you have to do alright?" He handed back my ID.

I was rather, shocked. This wasn't the kind of reaction I had expected to come from him...I think he actually understands where I'm coming from...

"Thanks..." I said, getting up from my chair, shaking his hand.

--- (Midnight, Walking out the stadium gates)

As I walked outside, I sat on the steps, watching many people pass by as well as one guy standing on the sidewalk, looking at the stadium. My Arms folded, resting on my knees, wrapped up in my jacket, I just watching the city as it lived. It was really cold today, and not much of an explanation was needed for my recent attitude. I was bummed, I had just quit my only job because I let my personal feelings get in the way...I felt like maybe I was being just a little childish...