Chapter 17- Remembrance

Slowly waking up, I stretched; it was a cloudy Sunday morning. I guess I slept well last night... to be honest, it's rare for me to actually get a good amount of sleep for once. I got up and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Even in my sleep I couldn't stop thinking about how nice and welcoming Isco and Pilar were to me. As I finally took off the bandage on my eye, I thought about something.

Maybe the Spain team aren't as bad as I previously thought. Maybe even Sergio really isn't as bad as I thought. After all, he wasn't a COMPLETE jerk to me last night...

I splashed my face with water as I found myself staring at my reflection in the mirror longer than usual, realizing that my eye was healed.

A resemblance...

"NO! IT'S STUPID!" I quickly shook my head left and right, dismissing last night's thoughts.

HELLO world! My Name is Zack dammit! I DO have my own image you know? But I guess I'm going to continue being wrongfully compared to a certain Sergio... which strangely reminded me.

"Hey Cristiano, you awake?" I shouted outside the room, but no answer.

Don't tell me... is he not here?? I swear, ever since Jeanne came into the picture we haven't been able to talk as much as we used to. Not that I don't like Jeanne, I do like her, I just kind of miss having that brother-like figure around is all. But hey, he is a famous athlete, he's a busy guy regardless.

Leaving the bathroom, I walked to his bedroom and looked inside, his bed was empty.

"Yep, he's not here...Well where is he?" Scratching my head as I walked back to the living room.

I grabbed my phone off the table and pressed the power button, that's when I remembered.

"TODAY'S THE DAY BEFORE THE QUARTER FINALS!!" I screamed, finally remembering that CRUCIAL detail.

While I was putting on my clothes and brushing my teeth, I called Neymar and put the phone on speaker.

"Hey Zack what's up bro?" He finally answered.

"Nothing much, you busy today?" I asked, hopping on one leg, struggling to put on my pants.

"Unfortunately yea, more team captain duty stuff. I'm actually with my coach right now." He responded.

"Ohhh ok, let me guess, they're announcing this week's matches today right?" I asked him.

"You got it." He simply replied.

"Hey Zack, I'll talk to you later alright?"

"Sure no problem." I could hear it in the background, he must be busy.

"Later bro."

"Later." I replied, hanging up the phone.

Now that I'm dressed and ready...

"Time to go to work." I said to myself but I chuckled not to long after. I haven't said that in a long time.

Thinking about it all as I locked the door and walked to the stadium, I remembered that my mornings used to be much like this.

In my lonesome apartment, I woke up in silence, got dressed in silence, and left in silence. I guess I really wasn't as happy back then as I thought. I used to be a Software engineer for a security company when I came to Russia. The company actually specialized in Home Security and Virus Protection.