Chapter 16- Desperate Struggle pt.2

(Neymar's POV)

I wonder if Zack is doing alright, hopefully no one's recognized him yet. I have to admit, I am a little worried. I'm sure he'll be alright though.

"So how have you guys been? It feels like it's been awhile since we all talked like this!" I smiled at the three guys sitting with me at the table. Leo, Pique, and Marc.

"Tell me about it, Spain's doing well though." Pique fist bumped with Marc.

"Hey don't count us out,  Argentina is doing good without me." Leo playfully protested, implying Argentina's success.

"Same with my team!" I replied not wanting to be left out and we all of us just laughed.

These guys, and the whole Barcelona team, are like family to me. Without a doubt, it's difficult knowing that I may end up having to compete against one of them in just a few days.

"Give me a minute, I'll be right back." Pique said, getting up from the table.

"Me too, I won't be long, I need to talk to some people." Leo said excusing himself from the table as well, leaving me and Marc by ourselves. Not what I was expecting...but I'll just run with it...perhaps I should try to pry a bit...

"Soooooo how's everything going bro? Did anything happen?" I said, pointing out the two bandages he had on his face.

"Oh this? It was nothing, just a few cuts on the field is all. What brings you here tonight anyway?" He replied.

Odd, if Zack never told me about what happened yesterday, I'd probably be believing Marc right now, He's a good liar. But no else is here, so I guess I should be straight forward with him.

"Oh nothing really, just wanted to see how my friends were doing...You know, rumors can be so believable sometimes you just have to go find out for yourself. So here I am." I glared at him. Marc's eyes bulged.

"What're you---" He stopped himself, realizing what I was talking about.

"Zack...that pest...what did he tell you!" Anger filling his voice.

"More than I needed to know about what's going on! Marc, what the hell are you thinking!?" I demanded an answer.

"This doesn't concern you Neymar." He coldly replied.

"Really? I met two good people in the last few weeks that have become really good friends of mine. Now I'm hearing that you're turning their lives to shit, PLEASE tell me how this doesn't concern me? I wouldn't be much of a friend if I sat back and didn't help them." I lightly hit the table slowly getting pissed, remembering the trauma that he's causing to Zack and Maria.

"I don't need to hear this from you..." He angrily said.

"I know it's been 2 years since you moved to Dortmund, but has it really changed you that much? I'd like to think that my friend is somewhere in there. Right now though, you being really stupid and you need to stop this double dating before it affects Maria." I tried to tell him calmly.

"Why are you even defending him?" He said getting mad.

"Because even though he's blunt at moments and has a lot going on, Zack is one the most honest people I've met. He struggles, and despite everything that's been happening to him, he always finds a way to keep going. His determination is almost inspiring, and more importantly I think of him almost as a younger brother." I finished.

"Well isn't that sweet." He sarcastically replied.

"The better question is, what are you doing with Maria when you're already taken?" I simply asked.