Chapter 20- Mentor

"It's unfortunate that the Netherlands team were eliminated from the World Cup moments after Robin Van Persie's injury

"It's unfortunate that the Netherlands team were eliminated from the World Cup moments after Robin Van Persie's injury. Things were going so well for them too. But Germany came back in the last half and won the game." One of the news reporters in the video explained.

"Without much surprise, Germany is the first team to progress to the Semi-finals. Netherlands are set to return back home tomorrow, where Van Persie will supposedly announce he retirement. Please stay tuned for more coverage of the World Cup." Said the other.

I sat on the bench, with my head resting on my knees, watching the sports news on my phone. I couldn't shake yesterday's events and I wasn't even the one playing! Once again, maybe this is what made Neymar so furious the other night, he experienced the brutality of the world cup; the things people will do to make sure their team wins it all. And it almost ended his career...

"You alright Zack? You haven't said much since the game yesterday..." Cristiano asked me while taking a break from Portugal's training and sitting on the bench.

"I'm fine." I said without much energy.

"Why is it that when I'm in a good mood, you're in a bad mood and when I'm in a bad mood, you're in a good mood?" He questioned.

"I don't know...Look I'm just a little upset ok? I'm worried about Zlatan and Di Maria. They have to play against each other and they're all good friends..." I explained.

"I understand how you feel Zack, even now, there's only one more day till Portugal plays against Spain; when I have to play against Sergio." He slowly explained.

"Even after all he said, you still see him as a friend?" I asked.

"Of course! If I had an issue with him every time we argued, Real Madrid would be in trouble." He laughed and continued.

"On the night of the first dinner, I got mad, but it's because I wanted Sergio to come to his senses...Bastian however was the one who really got under my skin when he insulted my team." He revealed.

So he he still values his friendship with Sergio...I hope there's a chance they can patch things up...

"Zack! Incoming again!" I heard Fabio shout as a ball came and hit me in the face, interrupting our conversation and knocking me off the bench.

"Damnit! Let's see how you like it!" I said, tossing the ball down and kicking it all the way to where he was.

Fabio attempted to run from it, but the ball just ended up hitting him in the back of the head and he fell down. I turned and noticed Cristiano's some-what shocked expression. 

He rubbed his eyes and continued.

"But more importantly Zack, The same goes for today's game, their struggle shouldn't be yours. Instead you should support Zlatan, for your own reasons." He finished.