Chapter 9- Daydreams and Nightmares

"Aagh!" I woke up gasping in the middle of the night. Cristiano came running in the living room, turning on a light.

"Zack! You alright?" he asked.

I was breathing kind of fast, looking around my room, sweat nearly dripping off my face. But I still remained silent, not really sure what to tell him.

"It happened again didn't it?" he asked me and I nodded in response.

It's been nearly a week since the cup started; from the time I learned about the truth my parents kept from me. But ever since then I've been experiencing nightmares in my sleep. They've been so bad that I actually haven't been able rest well at night or focus during the daytimes. 

In that week, I've only spent time with Cristiano and practiced with my ball when he wasn't around. Of course Neymar and I still haven't talked in a while, more like I'm the one that hasn't answered his texts. Zlatan hasn't messaged me about possibly having more practice sessions, I would assume its cause he's officially busy now. He did however call to see how I was doing once he found out about my situation, I guess word kind of gets around fast. 

Also, Cristiano and I have started talking even more, he's actually shared more things with me about his personal life, like the reason why his doesn't drink alcohol and how it correlates to his father's death, that he has a son, showed me some of his insane workout routines, oh and he also told me that when he was younger he threw a chair at one of his teachers. Apparently, it had to do with his accent... It made me laugh regardless, I think we've all made childhood mistakes at some point that we would facepalm about today. 

I guess he wanted to be fair since I told him about my secrets. But still, it's hard trying to shake this depression I've been going through... I need to try to sleep before the day starts again.

--- (Still on the couch)

I opened my eyes again, still not getting much rest, it was morning this time, and Cristiano was shaking me.

"What's the big idea? You know I haven't been able to sleep well..." I said to him still half asleep.

"You're coming with me today Zack. You need to get out of the house." He urged.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to go watch Sweden play, today's the day of the second week. You know, 'The Round of the 16'?" He reminded me by shoving his phone in my face.

"Already?" I sounded surprised, being inside and sleeping so long must have misplaced my sense of time.

"Yea the drawing is still random, but so far everything has been narrowed down from 32 to 16. And you're still off from work for recuperation, so going to this game wouldn't hurt." He said throwing me a hoodie and some sunglasses.

"You were on the news the day you passed out, I would wear this if you want to keep people off of you. Also it's snowing outside." He informed me. I agreed and got dressed.

I stepped outside and felt the wondrous chill of snow. Looking at the sight, the city in a blanket of ice, was beautiful. Interrupting my thoughts, was something...I was pelted with a snowball behind my back.

"Cristiano!" I yelled and turned towards him, the innocent expression on his face told me everything. Picking it off the ground, I quietly formed a snowball behind my back, waiting till the time was right.

"Oh, it must have been the wind or something..." He played it off like it was nothing.

"Hmm...I guess you're RIGHT!!' I threw it and the snowball hit him in the side of the face.