CHAPTER 11: My Love

Mr Thornton awoke in the late afternoon to find that he had not been dreaming, it had all really happened. He looked down at the angel beside him, his angel beside him and smiled a full smile as the events of that morning came back to him. She was his and he hers, the thought brought only joy to his mind. He lay there just watching her, the way her chocolate brown hair fell over her face and shoulders moving slightly every time she breathed, her long, dark eyelashes that fluttered gently against her soft skin kissing it gently whenever she turned her head. Her full pink lips that he could kiss again and again, her delicate skin sprinkled with a small layer of freckles around her nose from being out in the sun and her perfect nose that had a slight crook in the middle of it. He tightened his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him, instinctively she cuddled into his side resting one of her tiny hands over his much larger ones. Her closeness brought him immediate warmth as her bare back moulded to his chest, a perfect fit for one another, like two pieces of a puzzle that have to be placed together for it all to work. They needed each other, and nothing would get in their way again of preventing them from being with each other.

Margaret stirred in her sleep, her eyelids slowly fluttered open and she turned around to find Mr Thornton watching over her with a full blown smile on his face. She smiled too as she recalled the morning. She chuckled quietly at how her ideas and intentions of her visit that morning had changed so drastically.

"Why are you laughing my love?" Mr Thornton questioned her, a small frown on his forehead was visible though he still smiled down at her. She beamed up at him lovingly through her long lashes and replied; "Simply because I did not think that this was where we would end up being when I came to you this morning." He gazed down at her in his arms, his dark eyes soft like charcoal, then his brow furrowed and his eyes laced with vulnerability as he spoke, "Do you regret it then?" Margaret's eyes widened at this and she hastily responded, "Not at all, that is not what I meant by it... I didn't think... I'm sorry that..." He silenced her with a chaste kiss upon her lips, "I love you," he whispered, sending shivers down her spine.

Suddenly Margaret jumped up, as she did so the sheets lifted and she realised she was naked, her face turned a brilliant red that would have put a red rose to shame, and she hurriedly pulled the sheet up to her neck covering her now red skin. This time it was Mr Thornton's turn to laugh at her embarrassment, "You weren't that shy this morning," he teased, sending her a cheeky grin, this only made her even more flustered and she quickly gathered the sheet around her petite body and ran into his bathroom picking up her clothes on the way. She quickly dressed herself in the small bedroom and fixed her hair to a decent standard before walking back into the bedroom.

Thornton watched as she emerged from the small bathroom, her hair was in a stylish if somewhat mess hair do, her dress was slightly crinkled and she was attempting to smooth down all the wrinkles in the bodice with her arms, she had one shoe on and the other she held by a finger in her right hand. Her pale, creamy skin was glowing and her eyes were shining with a new light, pools of deep, unclouded seas washing against the shore, their gentle waves hypnotising their watcher and crashing around them in an array of greens, blues and foamy whites, an work of art in their own right. He could not help but stare in wonder into them, she held his gaze for a few seconds that seemed like minutes, she then broke the stare and asked him with a laugh in her eyes, "Why do you stare so?" He in turn laughed but it was a deeper, throatier laugh than usual, "Because you are the most beautiful creature my love." Margaret had not been expecting that answer and she was taken completely by surprise. Mr Thornton quickly closed the distance between them and caught her lips with his in a slow but fiery kiss. Margaret felt the electricity rip through her body as she felt his lips on hers, her skin burned through her clothing where he held her back and she felt as if she were on a never ending high. Thornton's body seared as her small hands touched his still bare chest and hot flames coursed through his body, this kiss held more than just feelings, it held promises and long sought after answers. Thornton slowly pulled away knowing that if they continued for much longer he wouldn't be able to control his body and his desires would win out. Margaret felt the warmth drain from her body as he removed his lips and hands from her body.

She knew though that it was a good thing that they stopped when they did or who knows what would have ended up happening, although she had a pretty good idea what that would have been. She blushed at the thought remembering back to that morning. She had consummated her marriage with Henry even though she had not wanted to, she felt she ought to as his wife that was part of her job, but she had felt nothing that resembled how she had felt when she slept with Mr Thornton. Each of his loving caresses had set her body alight leaving a trail of scorching fire across her body, each of his kisses had filled her with an unexplainable pleasure that arose from the pit of her stomach and every word he had uttered had caused her body to tremble with desire. He was in complete control over her body and could make her melt against him from one small kiss.

As Margaret walked back towards her house she began to devise schemes on how to see Mr Thornton as often as possible, she had only been away from him for under an hour and she already missed him and craved his touch. It would be easy for her to slip away during the day but not at night and not when Henry wasn't working. She had to be careful though for if Henry found out not only that she was having an affair but with who, he would hurt him and she couldn't let anything happen to her Mr Thornton. She smiled at the thought, he was hers and hers only.

Hey there all, hope you enjoy this new chapter! Let me know what you think and please continue to vote and comment as it really does make my day every time i get a notification that one of you lovely readers has commented. Shout out today to my best friend as it's her birthday today whoop whoop! 

Lots of love

Milton girl

xxx