Epilogue

Margaret shouted again for her husband as she cradled the small crying girl, Hannah, in her arms and her oldest daughter, Bessy, pulled on her sleeve. John came running into the garden behind their small house to check his wife and children were okay. Margaret laughed at the look of panic etched into his handsome face. John visibly relaxed when he saw his wife and children had come to no harm, he walked over to Bessy and picked her up, spinning her in the air before balancing her on his hip and holding the girl securely. He smiled as he felt her chubby hands reach around his neck and hold onto him tightly. He pretended to drop her and chuckled as she let out a frightened scream before pounding her little fists on his chest. "Now now Bessy, don't hit your papa," She smiled apologetically but lovingly up at the man holding one of their children. He never ceased to amaze her everyday and she could not have been happier than she was now. Today marked their sixth year as husband and wife. She smiled remembering back to their wedding day.

It was a warm day, a priest had been organised to provide the ceremony in a local church. The only guests were Frederick, his wife and John's mother, Hannah, who had moved to Spain to join her son, she died a few years after though. In memory of her they had named their second daughter Hannah, their first daughter had been named after Margaret's old friend Bessy who had died during her stay in Milton. Margaret wore a simple but elegant white gown, John had never thought her more beautiful, he stared in amazement and utter adoration at her as she slowly made her way down the small aisle. The words they had spoken had passed so quickly and before they knew it the ceremony was over and John had bent down to claim her lips in a possessive kiss.

Margaret was brought back to the present by a shout from inside the house and the children leaping out of their parents' arms and shouting for their Uncle Frederic and their cousins. The parents smiled lovingly at the children they had created. John draped his arm around Margaret's waist, placed a short but fiery kiss upon her lips and led them inside to greet her family.

"Thank you so much for looking after them," Margaret said placing a kiss on Fred's cheek as she and John departed from their excited children. Each year on their anniversary they went out to a nearby restaurant together whilst the children were looked after by Margaret's brother.

They had finished their meal and were heading home along the sandy beach when Margaret decided to tell him. They had been walking in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, listening to the heavy waves lapping against the shore, drawing the sandy pebbles back with their clawed hands. A lone crow flew over them, contrasting with the dusty pink sky that was slowly disappearing behind the field of aquamarine in front of them. "John," Margaret called up to him as they wandered hand in hand along the shore. He stopped and turned to face his wife, "Yes, love?" Something about the tone of the voice told him she was about to say something important, "What is it?" He asked again. She looked up into his grey stormy eyes and smiled that beautiful smile that made him fall in love with her all over again. "I'm pregnant," She continued to smile up at him although their was a hint of nervousness in her eyes. John stared down at the beautiful woman clutching his large hand in her small one, she truly was the most amazing thing to ever have happened to him. He picked her up and swung her around in his arms, like he had done earlier with Bessy. A broad smile graced his strong face, Margaret giggled as she hung onto his neck feeling her legs fly through the air. John placed her down gently in the sand, her arms still looped around his neck. Slowly he moved his head down towards her and captured her lips in a soft but love filled kiss. Margaret was surprised that he still managed to take her breath away with every kiss. John pulled his head back slightly but their foreheads were still touching, "I love you Mrs Thornton," He whispered. "I love you too Mr Thornton," She smiled, her eyes sparkling with warmth and adoration for the man in front of her. "I love you too," she murmured again, as she snuggled into his chest. John stroked her hair fondly and pulled her closer to him letting out a sigh of content. They were together finally and they were happy. 

Hey guys,

So I decided to do an epilogue and I promise that now this is the end, the end, finished completely! Hope you liked it, I decided to give them a happy ending yay! Love to you all and enjoy your day! Will be back writing on Wattpad soon hopefully... Planning a Dramione Fanfiction, so if that interests you check it out when its up!

Love,

Milton Girl

xxxxxxxxxxxxx