The New Pharaoh

Sarah's POV

I was walking towards medic room where the pharaoh is. Isis opens the door expecting me. I walk in and saw Yami there as well. The pharaoh was laying down on the bed while Yami Sat beside him. The pharaoh had been poisoned. I knew the cure, but by the time we got it made it was too late. We did try it, but the pharaoh's health was falling and the cure did a bit of help, but not much. I place my hands on Yami's shoulders as we watch his dad breathing shorten.

"Yami. I want you to have this." He said as he held out the puzzle to Yami. Yami took it and held it in his hands.

"Sarah?" The pharaoh asked. I held his hand.

"Yes, my pharaoh?" I asked. The pharaoh looks at me with a gentle smile.

"Take care of mmy son. When Yami becomes pharaoh, ." The pharaoh said. I was shock, but I nodded my head.

"Yes, my pharaoh." I said. The pharaoh nods as he smiles at me. I step back and Yami held his hand until the pharaoh stops breathing. A smile still on his face as his eyes slowly closed. Yami turns around and hugs me. I shed some tears while Yami cries. I didn't care about my dress getting wet from Yami's tears. I just held him tight as I sound a song rocking him.

Dry your tears
I'm here for you until then
Dry your tears my sweet Prince
I will be here always
I will never leave you alone
You have friends and family
Who still care about you

Jason's POV

I heard Sarah singing to Yami. Her song flows through the palace. I know that the pharaoh had died. I know what it's like to lose a family. I sat on the ground with my head bowed as tears ran down my face. I know everyone else was crying. I wish I wasn't right. Yami will be crowned pharaoh. I wonder if should step up to the crown at my mom's kingdom. After my dad was crowned king. Our kingdom was destroyed by our people. My mom took me to the pharaoh to hide my title as heir to the throne. Everything else fell into place. Meeting the Prince and the lords, splitting James and Me, meeting Sarah and her friends, meeting her mom and saying goodbye the my best friend James, the man's punishment and rebirth. So many things had happen while I was staying here. Maybe I should leave, maybe not. My friends might miss me. What would mom do? I look up towards the ceiling. 'I miss you, mom. Wish you were here. You would have given me some advice on how to tell someone you love them or a smack upside the head for being stupid. I love you for being there while you can.' I thought as I wipe my tears. Sarah came out carrying Yami, who is sleeping. She walks down the hallway with Yugi following her to his room. I got up and followed her too. I waited until she came out. Sarah closed the door then looks at me. Sarah suddenly hugs me as she cries again. I rub her back as I rock her like I did last night.

"Everything will be alright." I said as I continue hugging her. Sarah hiccups as she cries. I pick her up in bridal style hearing her cries stopping to even breathing telling me she fallen asleep. It's going to be a long day.