My Mad World

Jayna, Jayna, Jayna......that name chanted in Joyce's mind.  Confusion knocked on her brain.  But Jayna's eyes were cold and her amused smile was humorless.  Joyce wanted so badly to deny it, but she couldn't.  Every part of her was Jayna.  Smooth medium length mahogany colored hair, pale but rosy skin, and most importantly, her big green eyes, once filled with wonder, but now with hate.  What did she do?  How could she summon fictional characters like that?  Jayna was her best friend!  Jayna seemed to have the ability to read her mind, because she whispered.

"Wondering why your so called best friend is the one calling the shots now?"  She spat the word best friend like it was a bad word.  "The sweet follower that never said anything?!  THE ONE THAT WAS NEVER ONE OF YOUR KIND?!?!?!  I WAS NEVER LIKE YOU!!! NEVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, RIGHT?!?!?!"  Her green eyes flashed red.  And she yelled, "JASON, LIGHTNING STRIKE!!"  Jason abided and shot a bolt of electricity at Joyce.  She dodged and scowled at Jayna.  Jayna cocked her head in challenge.  Like-'Try and command your pawns.'  Joyce couldn't turn down a challenge.

"Erm-uhh-STARFIRE," Joyce yelled awkwardly.  "STARBOLT BARRAGE!"  Starfire flew up and hesitantly powered up.  But she was slammed down by an invisible force.  Joyce swung her head to look at Jayna, she had flicked her fingers, making Starfire make dents in the ground telekinetically.  Robin ran to Starfire's side, and growled at Jayna.  Joyce stared blankly at Jayna like 'WHAT?!'

"MY OH MY!!!"  Jayna cackled.  "NOT IN CONTROL ANYMORE AREN'T YOU?!"  Joyce covered the hurt and humiliation with accusation.  She'd hurt Starfire, and that made Joyce angry.  She faced Jayna angrily.

"Jayna!"  Joyce yelled loudly.  "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!  WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!?!"

Jayna's eyes flared red again as she flew to Joyce.  "Darling," she said through gritted teeth.  "This is MY world, MY MAD WORLD!!!!" "I HAVE CONTROL OVER EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!  I JUST GAVE YOU THE ONES THAT WOULD BE LEAST USEFUL HAHAHAHAAA!!!  YOU WILL GAIN CONTROL OVER THEM, BUT THE HARD WAY.  WITH NO POWER AT ALL!!!"

With that, she laughed maniacally and her eyes were wild.  "YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID WRONG?!?!"  Jayna said, clearly out of control.  "FINALLY SORRY?!?!  THIS WILL BE THE LAST FAVOR I DO FOR YOU, JOYCE ELIZA CAMBRIDGE!!!!!"  Joyce had one last thought about how cheesy that was-using her full name.  But before she could think about another way out, Jayna flicked her hand in a fanning motion and Joyce went out cold. 

Flashback

Joyce slammed the door to her locker, only to find her fellow friend Jayna staring at her. 

"So girl," Jayna said casually.  "We seven friends me, you, Kelsey, Holly, Jolene, Nicola,Violet-the mall. After school at 7. How about it?"  Joyce agreed, and head to English.

Time Passes....

Joyce head out of math, feeling beat.  Her group of friends were waiting for her at lunch, so she hurried along.  Joyce was no doubt  the leader of her group.  The queen bee.  And that sort of made her popular at school.  Even to attract the attention of the most popular girl in school, Julianne Pascalo.  The redhead bounced to Joyce's locker and surprisingly talked to her.

"Up for the mall today, Cambridge?"  Julianne asked coolly.  "Me, you, Rebecca, Kenzie and Kori.  The mall after school at 7."  Joyce snagged the opportunity.  The coolest girl in school (her) and he most popular girl in school?  Popularity points +1000000000000!  She had to push Jayna's proposal away to accept Julianne's.  She silently whispered sorry to Jayna and headed to lunch with a lie.

●●●●●●●●●●●

"Awwww," Jayna pouted sadly.  "Family plans suck, tommorow, then?"  The hopeful tone in her voice made Joyce beyond guilty. 

"Absolutely," Joyce said sadly, her voice cracking slightly.

Tallulagh Mall at 7....

Joyce met Julianne at Forever 21 which was across the food court. She kept a low profile, seeing her other friends at the food court. Julianne welcomed her warmly and welcomed her inside.  They came out with bags of clothing and Joyce bought a pair of beautiful black ankle boots in which she put on right away.  She ditched her red Converses and slipped them on. 

"I'm famished," Julianne complained.  "Let's eat at the food court. Food's on me!"  Joyce sighed.  She admired Julianne.  She was a nice popular girl who loved food.  She wasn't a stereotypical mean girl who only ate salads and was a brat.  She was a friend to all and loved ice cream.  Thinking her other friends had left, she strided towards the food court with her new group of friends.

But, she was so wrong.

As soon as Julianne came back with smoothies and burritos for everyone, Jayna and Joyce's other friends were leaving.  Sipping her mango smoothie and holding a warm burrito in the other, Joyce followed Julianne, Rebecca, Kenzi and Kori to Aeropostalè.  Joyce clumsily bumped into Kelsey. 

"Joyce?!?!"  She yelped.  "I thought you had family plans!"  Joyce stuttered, not knowing what to say.  Jayna saw Joyce and gasped.  Instant guilt flowed inside of Joyce. 

"Joyce!"  Julianne called over invitingly.  "There are a pair of jeans here that would positively look gorgeous on you-oh," Julianne spotted Jayna and Kelsey. 

"It's alright!"  Julianne added kindly.  "Take your time!  We'll be in Aeropostalè when you're done!"

Julianne left with her group and Joyce turned her attention to Jayna, who had a poisonous look on her face. 

"FAMILY PLANS, HUH?!?!"  Jayna exploded.  "SPENDING TIME WITH JULIANNE PASCALO?!?!  SURE, DUMP THE LOSERS TO HANG WITH THE MOST POPULAR GIRL IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!"  Tears were in her eyes now.  "I'm just not good enough for you, aren't I?"  Jayna said, clearly wounded.  "Then GO.  GO AHEAD.  LEAVE US HERE!!!!"

Then Joyce made the biggest mistake ever. 

"WHAT?!?!"  Joyce thundered.  "AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE?!?!  DON'T I DESERVE A SOCIAL LIFE?!?!?!  IF YOU'RE GONNA BE LOSERS ABOUT MY LIFE, THEN NONE OF YOU DESERVE TO BE A PART OF MY SOCIAL LIFE!!!!!!  I DON'T HANG WITH LOSERS, SO WHAT?!?!  MAYBE YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!  DEAL WITH IT!!!!!"

With that tears welled up in Joyce's eyes.  She turned on the heel of her new boots and ran to where Julianne was.  But she sneaked one last glance at Jayna.  She wore an expression almost impossible to read.  A mixture of hurt, sadness, anger, and revenge.  She then dipped her head low, maybe crying.  But after that, Joyce turned and never looked back.

The next day, Jayna mysteriously disappeared....

Back to Present Time.....

Joyce shook her head and began to silently cry.  "No..."  she whispered.  Wishing she could turn back time...

Authors note: YAY!!!  ANOTHER CHAPTER, EXTRA LONG!!!!  DEDICATED TO ROBSTAR101.  OF COURSE.  PS, THE PIC ABOVE SHOWS JOYCE ON THE LEFT AND JAYNA ON THE RIGHT.