Heroes of Olympus

Joyce woke up with a SERIOUS bedhead.  She looked like the monster from the Black Lagoon.  And just her luck, no hairbrush.  She fingered through the tangled mane and sighed.  Starfire was still fast asleep.  She checked outside to make sure Jayna didn't change the setting.  Nope, same old forest...

She checked Raven's tent and she was already up, reading a book written in a foreign language.  Raven finally noticed Joyce and blushed.  She snapped shut her book and faced Joyce. 

"I thought I was the only one up," Raven said quietly, making sure not to wake Honey or GoGo.  "What now, chief?"

Joyce blushed at the word "chief" and recovered quickly.  "Ummmm," she began awkwardly.  "I was just checking if anyone else was up."  Raven breathed a sigh of relief and nodded.  Raven wore simple pajamas, a black T-Shirt and purple shorts, so....her. 

"Well," Raven stated.  "I'm up.  So, is there anything you want to talk about?"  Joyce sighed and said, "I guess we could wake up the others..."  Raven nodded and started with GoGo.  She gently shook her until she moved and sat up.

"What's the big rush?"  GoGo asked groggily.  "Ugh, Mom, I had the strangest dream.  I'm, like, stuck in a forest, and I met a weird girl with pink hair who could shoot green stuff...oh!  And Honey Lemon was there too!  And--dang it."  GoGo came into realization on what was happening and groaned. 

Joyce shook awake Honey Lemon, who tossed and turned.  She jolted awake and shrieked, "NOOO, TADASHI, NOOO!!!!"  And then she saw Joyce looking peculiarly at her and she stopped.  "Oh, Joyce," she cracked a smile.  "Good morning."  She muttered uncontrollably as she put on her pink glasses.  Joyce shook it off and went to Starfire, who surprisingly was already awake, rolling up the sleeping bags.  She smiled cheerfully and went to awaken the males.

Joyce groaned and kicked Fred, who was drooling.  He awoke and whispered, "Chili fries...yeah......"

Joyce rolled her eyes and shook Wasabi up.  Starfire was already waking Robin up.  Joyce smiled slightly, and ran to Beast Boy.  Cyborg had already woken him with two wet willies.  Boys......

Joyce marched outside to see Jayna standing there.  She had a sack in her hand.  Joyce personally walked up to her confidently.  Jayna raised a brow, like she was expecting an attack.  She held the sack tighter, and Joyce began to feel suspicion.  The rest of the group stood a few feet behind Joyce.  And she shamefully saw cowardice in that.  Jayna snorted at the silence and spoke first.

"So, you guys," she said snobbily.  Like she wasn't fit to be a villain, she was a natural born mean girl.  "Ever played Gladiator?"  Joyce was immature, say it as you will.  And she couldn't let it go without kicking a laugh out of it.

"Yes," Joyce said sarcastically.  "I practice Gladiator at PE in school everyday.  I'm quick with a sword and wild with a shield.  Even bought solid platinum armour for the usual occasions."

Jayna face palmed.  Joyce was the most immature, Jayna was the sensitive one.  That's another reason why she hated her.  "That was a rhetorical question," Jayna monotoned.  "But, as you had so thoroughly described your experience, here."  She reached into her sack and threw Joyce a petite set of solid, clear diamond armour, a round diamond shield and a four feet rock hard (and sharp as knives) diamond sword.  Jayna smirked.

"Your the shining gem," Jayna said tauntingly.  "Why not style it that way?"  Joyce slipped on her breastplate easily.  Her shin guards and torso armour and a gladiator dress fit nicely as well.  She looked, well, she looked gorgeous.  Shining diamonds making rainbows on the ground.

Jayna looked at Joyce and whistled with admiration.  "Magic is a 5 star stylist!"  She said sneeringly.  "I wish I was you."  "But at the same time -- no."

She snapped her fingers and Joyce's team was dressed in full battle armour, but it was solid bronze, not diamond.  She pulled Joyce in and whispered slightly.  "Good luck," she hissed.  "I was gonna call in Young Justice today, but I'm still knocking sense into bird boy. I know he'll let you go easy.  Won't risk it."  She smirked and disappeared in a blue swirl.  Then, another crack was heard.  The Heroes of Olympus came. And readied their weapons.  Percy looked dazed and his breastplate was slipping.  At least Joyce had a leg up on leadership. 

Joyce yelled to her team.  "YOUR SWORD OS YOUR ONLY WEAPON, DON'T LOSE IT!" "AND USE YOUR SHIELD WISELY!"

Her team nodded and they charged into battle.  But Joyce had apparently broke a mirror or walked under a ladder or somethimg, because luck was NOT on her side.  Because Joyce had caught the attention of the young, but deadly Reyna Ramirez Arellano.

**********************

Reyna was an Amazon.  Toughest ladies since Rosie the Riveter.  Dangerous with a knife, unbeatable with a sword and swift at hand to hand combat.  To make things EVEN worse, Reyna was the daughter of the Roman goddess Bellona.  Goddess of war.  Which made her battle strategy and skill tn times better than the average fighter.  Joyce, unfortunately, was below average.

Reyna scoffed and swung sharply with her sword.   She swung strategically, not wildly.  Fortunately, Joyce's diamond armour was impenetrable.  Besides a few scratches, she was fine.  Joyce attacked with the style of a drunk who accidentally got a access to a sharp object.  Reyna swiftly dodged every move and used her small dagger to remove Joyce's sword with a quick swish and flick.  Bam. Joyce was disarmed.  Reyna now had a whole inventory of advantages.  Reyna smiled smugly and gave an effortlessly but Joyce blocked with her diamond shield.  Her mind suddenly remembered that diamond was unbreakable.  So, Joyce used her round shield and knocked off Reyna's helmet.  She followed with a death blow to Reyna's head.  She disappeared in Jayna's blue magic.  Joyce smiled and went to help the others.

Cuts, bruises, and whatever Joyce felt confident in the first time she got here.  She defeated her opponent wih new found strength.  The only one left was Annabeth.

"Piece of cake," Joyce muttered while charging towards the blonde.  But Annabeth was no dumb blonde (NO blondes are dumb.  Remember, Terra's blonde, and NO ONE makes fun of my hair.  ANYWAY, back to the story!).  Annabeth cleverly ducked behind Joyce and slipped off her armour.  Leaving her in a t-shirt and shorts.  Oh.  No.

Annabeth drew her drakon bone and viciously stabbed it in Joyce's backside. 

Ugh.  Lights out.  Again....

*******************

Joyce woke up to Raven and Baymax mending her wounds.  She lay down, the pain suddenly coming all in one rush.  She yelled and grimaced.  Raven barely winced and said, "Hold still,".

Robin was pacing and said something about making plans.  Joyce felt defeated.  What was her plan?  The pain started to subside, but it was still there.  She found the strength to sit up and looked at her team.  They look beat.  Starfire slowly went to Joyce.

"Young friend Joyce," she said carefully.  "We have been discussing things thoroughly while you were being tended.  We have lost.  Why don't we surrender?  It seems like our only option..."

Joyce's eyes sparked.  "What?!"  She cried.  "No!  No, no, no, no!!!!  This is all wrong!  We HAVE to fight.  Jayna WON'T let us go!  We-I- have a plan."  Her eyes narrowed and her team looked at her expectantly.

"I have a plan," Joyce said firmly.  "We can start by getting our hands on that book Jayna cherishes so deeply.  The Book of Carotia."

YAHOO!  LONGEST CHAPTER YET!!  BY THE WAY, CAROTIA IS PRONOUNCED CA-RO-SHA, JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW.  THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO RAVEN AND STARFIRE, BETTER KNOWN ON WATTPAD AS KATNISSEVERDEEN11125 AND ROBSTAR101. THEY ROCK, HONESTLY.  SO, PEACE OUT YO!