Heartbroken

Easier said than done.  A portal to Jayna was near IMPOSSIBLE.  The only way to get the book was to wait for Jayna to throw tjem another challenge.  And not lose. 

But again, easier said than done.  First, they had to anger Jayna.  And make her post another obstacle.  They acted bored and all, but Jayna must've not cared, because it was almost noon, and nothing was coming up.  Lunch had been served, a meager portion.  A cup of yogurt, some pretzels and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Not half as amazing as dinner.  Joyce ate silently and swallowed with the same volume.  She spoke to her, now sincerely, bored team. 

"Okay," she started lamely.  "I guess the only key is to wait.  Since we played all our cards already.  And, no Fred.   We are NOT going to set everything on fire."  Joyce had vetoed the idea because it had sounded particularly dangerous.  They all finished lunch quietly and washed up from previous battle at the showers.  Joyce looked slightly at her dagger wound.  She wanted to throw up.  It was horrifically gory.  He skin around the wound was disgusting and the red blood was a level of rusty brown and velevety red.  Joyce covered it back up quickly and wrapped a towel around herself. 

The team gathered back at the tents and were ordered to get as much rest as possible.  Joyce crawled into her warm blue sleeping bag across from Starfire.  Starfire was staring at Joyce with curiosity.  Joyce stared back and uttered, "what?".

Starfire smiled to herself and sat up.  "You look like the pre and the occupied."  Joyce giggled a little at Starfire's misshapen English and said softly,

"Well, I'm leading a team in war," she said humorously.  "How do you think I'm holding up?"

Starfire smiled a lopsided smile and said motherly, "I would be crashing in the stress if I were to be in your footwear," she admitted.  "But I am eternally sorry for your misfortunes.  You should be experiencing the regular adolescent events.  Like malls and pretty shoes and boys...."  Starfire blushed and looked over at Joyce.

Joyce laughed gently and replied, "After Jayna, I'm gonna avoid the malls," Joyce said warmly.  "And pretty shoes?  I was never the type for beautiful footwear.  She showed Starfire her black Converses and her worn out socks.  "And boys?  Ain't got time for that....hehe...."  Joyce rubbed he backmof her neck and blushed.  She knew that last part was a lie.  She hoped Young Justice wouldn't show up again.  Robin was constantly on her mind.  Ha, if she and Starfire stayed friends, they would both have a Robin. 

Starfire smiled lightly again and rested her head on her sleeping bag.  Joyce chuckled and fell asleep as well.

***************

Joyce was awoken by a loud scream.  She immediately ran out of the tent and saw Honey Lemon facing off a young boy with a muscled build.  It was Aqualad.  He had whipped her.  And Aqualad meant Young Justice.  And Young Justice meant.  Oh no.

Robin.

Joyce's heart beat faster but she ran out of the tent bravely to save her friends.  She spin kicked Aqualad to the ground and pulled Honey Lemon away from danger.  She helped Raven, who was suffering with Superboy.  Joyce had whipped out her diamond sword for him.

Jayna suddenly walked in front of her.  She was smirking obnoxiously.  She tugged Joyce in and and whispered venomously.  "I found a way to take care of Bird Boy," she chuckled coldly.  "But I'm very sure you won't like it."

Joyce narrowed her eyes and pushed Jayna away.  "I could care less!"  Joyce hissed angrily.  "You wouldn't give anyone else the satisfaction of killing me off anyway!"  Joyce marched off the opposite way and was ready to take on Miss Martian.  But she sped off to leave the job to someone else because she had saw someone else.

Robin.

Kissing Zatanna. 

Joyce's heart shattered into a billion pieces and didn't stop there.  Her first reaction was to scold herself.

It never could've happened...
No way.....
He wasn't flirting! He was trying to kill you.....!

Next came sadness.  Tears rimmed her eyes and fell.  Nothing mattered around her.  The fighting, the wounds, the screams.  Nothing. 

Just the scene in front of her.

She hiccuped, but remembered her power, her strength.  What she was capable of.  She would not be pushed around by some midget.  Well, if he was a midget, she was a midget too.  Hey, they were the same height....WHATEVER.  That was her anger.  Fire was in her eyes.  And she marched up to the couple and rolled her sleeves up. 

Robin smirked and gave Zatanna one last peck on the cheek and walked cockily up to Joyce.  Smiling as if she were a nuisance.  That crossed her line.

Robin attcked first with two birdarangs.  Joyce's anger, sadness and disgust for herself suddenly merged together in a white hot ball of rage and fury.  Joyce didn't duck the birdarangs, though.  But she didn't take the blow either.

She caught them.  Joyce returned he same disgusting smile to Robin and threw the birdarangs at him.  One cutting a rip in his cape and one he dodged.  Robin took a grapple hook gun and tied a secure bond with a tree branch and swung high in the air.  He let go of the gun and dropped 50 feet down with an undoubtedly powerful spin kick.  Joyce saw Zatanna minding her own business, hurting Starfire, chanting "ecaf pals"  Whatever she said backwards became reality.  The dirty witch.  Starfire constantly suffered from face slaps.  Joyce made a mental note to beat up Zatanna later.  But first, she had Robin to deal with.  She concentrated her anger on his one kick.  And she did something so unexpected.

She grabbed his foot.

And using his 50 ft. jump momentum, she swung him in a full circle and threw him on the ground.  He stayed down and looked as if he wasn't getting up anytime soon.  Robin was sneaky though.  Using last bits of strength, Robin threw a mini bomb.

At Joyce.

It blew her back, into a tree trunk.  And into a Zatanna.  Zatanna gasped and narrowed her eyes at Joyce.

"MALS YDOB!!!!!"  Zatanna yelled.  Joyce was immediately lifted 10 ft. into the air and was slammed down forcefull.  Physically, she was bruised.  Mentally, she couldn't be stronger.  First, she would break her heart, and now she body slammed her?!?  Unacceptable.

She jumped up with pure willpower and ran to Robin's unconscious form.  She grabbed at his waist and pulled something away.

His utility belt.

Joyce clicked the belt around her waist and whistled.  It went nice with her outfit...

Zatanna got angrier at a stranger touching her boyfriend.  And she charged at Joyce.  Joyce threw a bomb and Zatanna was blown back.  She threw two birdarangs, but Zatanna quickly said, "KAERB NOPAEW!!!"  The birdarangs snapped in half.  Joyce was suddenly sparked with an idea.  She had to shut her mouth. She pulled out a gun filled with sticky red goo out of the belt.  She shot the red goo at Zatanna's mouth and the goo hardened at the touch.  Her mouth was shut.  Phew.  She ran back to Robin and tossed him back his belt.  And kicked his unconscious face.  She regretted nothing.  Her heart was mended.  But it was still fragile. 

She walked over to her team, which was successful in defeating Jayna's minions.  Jayna stomped towards them angrily but got one look of satisfaction as she saw the hurt on Joyce's face.

"Told you that you wouldn't be happy," Jayna said smugly.  Joyce's facial features hardened and she growled deep inside. 

Jayna gave a satisfied snicker and said "Until next ti-HEY!!!!"  Joyce never went back on her word.  Not when she had people to ruin.  Joyce wanted to get that Book of Carotia.  And she would stop at nothing now.  She jumped at Jayna just when her magic teleportation was activated.  Joyce's team followed on and jumped Jayna too.  She felt herself disappear into mist, the cool air tickling her face.  The biggest relief when she felt her heart evaporate....all the pain turning into fog....

AWWWWWW, POOR JOYCE.  I PROMISE I'LL COME BACK WITH A LONGER CHAPTER!!!!